Parking Eye, Letter Before Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have followed this thread and it seems that I have experienced something very similar. I think I am on the #3 of 3 letter that offers a reduced amount if I pay within the next 14 days. I have received a letter stating as thus and I'm wondering what step can I take next.

Is there a chance that matters could be taken further (ie, to 'commence court proceedings') or am I ok to carry on ignoring the letters as I have previously done?

I can post a pdf of said letter on this thread if that can help my situation. Any advice that can be offered would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

TGP

You have absolutely nothing to fear from DR+, THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING. the best they can do after sending you scary letters is to tell PE that you havent fallen for their tricks and they are giving up.

Do not even waste a stamp contacting them but keep an eye out for anything from PE, as they are litigious.

You have absolutely nothing to fear from DR+, THEY CANNOT DO ANYTHING. the best they can do after sending you scary letters is to tell PE that you havent fallen for their tricks and they are giving up.

Do not even waste a stamp contacting them but keep an eye out for anything from PE, as they are litigious.

Thank you, I'll keep an eye out for anything from PE and post on here.

Thanks again,

TGP

• 2 weeks later...

The next letter arrives from DR+ from their collections manager thanking me for the communication regards the parking charge notice! Their findings were that the site where the parking charge notice was issued was subject to terms and conditions. They have stated that we are past the POPLA access to independent appeals time limit! I take it that this is scaremongering again as they are quoting the PE vs Beavis & Wardley case at the end of their letter. Anyone any thoughts or advice on this?

Many thanks

Charlie

PEv Beavis is due to be heard in Jan next year. It is not a precedent as PE like to claim it is. I bet they dont quote it after they lose the appeal.

So, if DR+ want to follow that example they are saying dont pay anything until you hear back from the court of appeal. Why they dont write that in their letters if they are not trying to be scary I dont know.

• 1 year later...

Hello all again. Two and a half years later and Equita are now harassing. Initial letter stating Beavis etc and asking for £200 prompted my reply like the parking prankster querying costs breakdown. Now received black and white letter 'final demand' for £150 from Head of Legal Services and stating that debt recovery officers have now been passed file for preparation for further action. Is this something to worry about or is general consensus to just hang fire?

firther action-like deleting it from their computer begagram system.

If they really had a claim they would not keep changinmg the amount they are mugging you for and anyway, who are Equita you should ask yourself.

Beavis decision just says that £85 for breaking a contract is not unconscionable and no proof of actual loss need to be shown. It doesnt mean that any demand made under any circumstances for any amount is now correct or even legal, just another threat to make you think they are in the right when they most likely arent.

Thank you. Had visions of bailiffs being appointed. So it seems still ignore.

They can only get bailiffs involved after beating you in court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread