WRAG without assessment

samsmummy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have requested a statement of reason, but can anyone tell me is that the same as requesting the medical report. I have not had any assessment, just got the form to fill in and then the letter saying WRAG arrived.

I cannot walk 50m without stopping and i put this on the form, so I am not sure what they were reading. I have been on IB for 23 years so this is very worring for me, as it is for a lot of people.

Any help would be good. Thankyou

I have requested a statement of reason, but can anyone tell me is that the same as requesting the medical report. I have not had any assessment, just got the form to fill in and then the letter saying WRAG arrived.

I cannot walk 50m without stopping and i put this on the form, so I am not sure what they were reading. I have been on IB for 23 years so this is very worring for me, as it is for a lot of people.

I've recently had this I attended 2 assessments now the third they based on my EA50 form.

I'm guessing you have sent that off?

Quite a few people appear to be being shuffled from IB straight to WRAG via the ESA50 only. If you feel you meet the criteria for the Support Group you will need to appeal.

So is asking for a reconsideration or review no use, do I have to go straight to appeal?

:samsmummy:

What you've described is the increasingly common response of Atos and Government in their increasingly desperate attempts to get their reassessment of incapacity benefits back to a plausible timetable. Sling claimants an award of employment n support allowance with the work related activity component and hope they'll be grateful to have 'passed' without a trip to Atos.

In these circumstances, Jobcentreplus response to your request is anyone's guess. The statement of reasons could say little more than passed on scrutiny/the evidence suggests ...... And for conversion awards without a face to face assessment they've given up completing score sheets. The medical report is a separate document, an ESA85A, which will probably be equally vague but you'll need a copy (it's available on request) if you intend to appeal.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Hello samsmummy

I have a theory about people moving from IB to ESA WRAG,Have a read of what I posted hear

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?382440-ESA-Tribunal-recommended-24-months-before-reassessment-JC-only-give-12!&p=4323893&viewfull=1#post4323893

Can I ask as well How long have you been placed in the WRAG group for ?

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

It did not say on the letter, but it said that I will only get for 365 days. When I rang dwp the lad on the phone said 2 years.

After 365 days you will be able to claim Income related ESA...

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/what-youll-get

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

After 365 days you will be able to claim Income related ESA...

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/what-youll-get

My husband is self employed and works full time, so I was of the understanding that I would not get it. Trouble is we live on what I get, I don't think we could put gas or electric on never mind food if I were to loose it altogether.

Edited by samsmummy
missed words out

Do you believe that you satisfy at least one of the Support Group Descriptors (scroll to page 25 and read the section titled "Limited Capability for Work Related Activity Descriptors")?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

:samsmummy:

Until the end of next month (when the law changes, but it won't affect your current decision) most claimants who disagree the outcome of a work capability assessment, with or without a trip to Atos, choose to appeal from the outset cos the process automatically includes a reconsideration.

Contributions flavoured employment n support with the work related activity component is only payable for three hundred and sixty five days. The two years mentioned by the lad on the phone will be the recommended, by Atos, interval before reassessment. It's only a recommendation that Jobcentreplus can, and sometimes do, overrule.

Have a look at the support group descriptors. If you believe you meet 1 (a) or (b) or any of the others, appeals need to be in writing. Either a letter to include the word 'appeal' or a GL24 form. If your doctor will write a supportive letter, it needs to explain why you can't walk or self propel a manual wheelchair for 50 metres.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/gl24-if-you-think-our-decision-is-wrong

CAG's guide to appeals;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

Exactly the same happened to me, I appealed using the same information and was placed into the support group