style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unless you can say Iraq and Afghanistan are or will be total success stories, IMO you would have to think long and hard as to whether it would be the best idea to deploy our armed forces in Syria. If you use military force there will be even more civilian casualties. The only hope is giving power to the people somehow without military intervention as to how they want to be ruled, and you would also want to avoid extremists taking hold. There needs to be positive dialogue with Russia and China who seem to have an interest in the region, and come together with a common ideal.

I would like to see President al-Assad make a statement in answer to the attrocities as all we know is what is being broadcasted.

Edited by determindator

I believe that no action can be taken without increasing the body count. Firing a few guided weapons onto selected targets will do nothing to help the people of Syria. If troops were to sent by the Americans etc it would probably lead to a massive rupture of the various groups in the nations surrounding Syria. I believe the answer must come from the leaders of the middle east.

Why should be get involved in a country which has no ties to Britain at all when we have many former colonies like Zimbabwe which are being ruled by ruthless dictators who imprison people or kill them in the thousands. What is the difference?

well my 2 cents

personally i think we should help.

im not going to say that we should go in and sort it as that never works for long

we should provide equipment to the rebals most likely, doesnt even have to be weapons, why not provide items such as radios etc so proper communication can be held

one of the things that does worry me is this idea of "surgical" missile strikes, theres no such thing

1) hit a chemical weapons depot and you likely release its contents

2) america has very little intellegence (no pun intended) on likely targets

3) syria has anti missile systems

4) at several hundred thou a missile its expensive

5) anyone else remember when the intellegence was off and they hit the chinese embassy?

6) even if you hit the target parts of that building just became random shrapnel

as for zimbabwe mugabe seems to like to show himself off at public speaches last i heard we still had a sniper school.... (2+2 = brains on the floor) however even if you do that then you still have the issue of the people just under him who wont want to give up power

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Are the rebels justified in the course of action to de-stablise what has been a stable government. I think we know too little of the true situation to get involved and on occasions when Western powers have got involved the "wrong" type of government has been appointed. . It is my understanding that Britain supplied some of the components for chemical warfare. What would happen if our boys got involved and were then gassed?

The people under Assad will not want to give up power either however in the case of Zimbabwe it was a former British colony so Britain does have a responsibility there but will not force a change of government and the people of all ethnic groups including Mugabe's group still continue to suffer due to his brutal rule.

People seem to forget the Mugabe had thousands of Matabele killed by the North Koren 5th brigade in the eighties. Why hasn't Britian taken any action to remove Mugabe from power as he is even worse than Assad? After all Mugabe has had more people killed than Assad!

What happened to the 'reading books' sermon and the revolution ?:madgrin:

:noidea: did you like it? or not? seems still apt today (with a bit of interp'n) eg re 'arab springs', egypt (happening again), etc :)

Edited by Ford

What happened to the 'reading books' sermon and the revolution ?:madgrin:

here you go, in context :)

utube link, edited

:boom:

Edited by Ford

:)

yes, 'they' must be fuming. after having apparently given the 'rebels' certain targets to go for after the strikes (sky news), and all their threats of strikes after the 'redline', that has been crossed by all accounts, that never materialised. and now the russians have taken over control of the situation. maybe assad got away with that one and more? unless of course, it was the 'rebels'?

at least though assad's chems will be handed over, if they agree.

Edited by Ford

hi how many wars has america started and seen it through to the end. they bail in and gung ho ! everybody thinks he is john wayne, and when the sh-t hits the fan they bail out, and leave everybody else they have coerced into there phoney wars, in the sh-t. not in my name, stay put, and let america sort it out if they go in. ghandi.

unless there is another vote and/or there is a un resolution for military action, then looks like we won't be involved in any overt action.

Edited by Ford

Site Team have / have not used chemical weapons on the YouTube link.

Depending which news channel yer on :)

Not guilty :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Given the situation in Syria, do you think we should be getting involved or are we best not doing so..

Hello Cd

What are your views then on Syrian and general middle east unrest,We look forward to your reply and a in depth analysis of the current situation from you :madgrin:

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...