Dla - pip

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have recently had notie of benefit on my DLA review.

Award has been made a thigher mobitlity rate indefinately

and lowest rate care componant indefinately

the award has been dropped from middle rate care to lowest rate which not only reduces my money but also trivializes my husbands constant and ardous tasks of looking after me.

I was surprised when review came under DLA bracket rather than PIP but pressume indefinately is indefinately no matter what the heading now.

I telephoned DLA to discuss the change in care component of my benefit however I think I pressed the wrong option.

I spoke with a woman who was more than abrupt and she would not listen to what I was trying to say the more she spoke the more dismissive she became getting me all in a muddle.

She kept on saying oh you want this reviewed but reviewed was not the word she used. The word she used made it sound as if I was being unreasonable - when in fact I just wanted to talk to her about the decision.

She 3 times said she had already put paperwork through and was very sharp with me

My question is this should I telephone them again and pressin the correct option and try to speak to someone? As the woman I spoke to said that a may lose all my entitlement in putting this request through?

Also if DLA review is different to the PIP then am I know going to be reviewed under new guidelines? Can they really cancel a indefinate qualification for DLA ? Just because I wanted to ask a question?

If this is the case then should I just cancel my request (although I never made this request) and send DLA a change in circumstances application ?

This whole thing is proving to be extremely stressful, I have read other peoples experiences of the effects on them both mentally and pyhiscally - I now can understand the feelings of dispair leaving them questioning the point in them being here at all.

What should I do ? Shall Ijust leave it to run its course

OSW

if you send in an appeal GL24, a more senior dwp officer will look at your claim for a reconsideration and may overturn it and you could get your middle rate care back, hope that makes sense. 2 years ago I was awarded LRM and LRC, I sent in appeal and on reconsideration was awarded HRM and HRC, I have just been sent my new DLA form to apply again, I thought it would be PIP, but it's not, so good luck, they will not overturn your award over the phone. x

Your appeal should be under DLA !

You can download GL24 here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/gl24-if-you-think-our-decision-is-wrong

Send it to the address here https://www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline

and Not a BDC office....

People have indefinitely awards of DLA will be wrote to and told when to claim PIP.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

No I knew they wouldn't overturn it over the phone just wanted to talk about it as the DLA doctor came to see me at home at the beginning of 2012 and she set the award at HRM & MRC - so in my mind this new review contradicts their own doctor.

I just wanted to talk to them about it - surely you should be able to just speak to these people.

She concerned me so much when she said my entitlement maybe cancelled in its entirety

The woman I spoke to didn't say I had to fill in new form just that she had put me in "the system"

I nhate this so much because you plod along in your little life the best part of which you try to ingnore your illness (or I do) coping in your day to day life the way you have learnt to manage things.

Then this bloody form comes through the post asking you to detail all that is wrong with you that in itself is depressing listing all my co morbitites makes me feel even more helpless

45002 :)

Looking at the first link you sent me it says that I can ask for the decisiion to be looked at again and/or then appeal ?

I am presuming she had noted that I wish to appeal the decision how ever in my mind I think that at the most I should have asked for the decisiion to be looked at again rather than appealed at this stage.

The paperwork details what I think my intentions were when I telephoned them explantations of decision.

Shall I telephone them and see if I can talk to someone that is prepared to have an open conversation rather than a closed dismissive one?

No I knew they wouldn't overturn it over the phone just wanted to talk about it as the DLA doctor came to see me at home at the beginning of 2012 and she set the award at HRM & MRC - so in my mind this new review contradicts their own doctor.

I just wanted to talk to them about it - surely you should be able to just speak to these people.

She concerned me so much when she said my entitlement maybe cancelled in its entirety

The woman I spoke to didn't say I had to fill in new form just that she had put me in "the system"

I nhate this so much because you plod along in your little life the best part of which you try to ingnore your illness (or I do) coping in your day to day life the way you have learnt to manage things.

Then this bloody form comes through the post asking you to detail all that is wrong with you that in itself is depressing listing all my co morbitites makes me feel even more helpless

It would have been a DM "decision maker" at the DLA office based on the written medical reports from the doctor,the doctor could have recommend what to award but in the end it's up to the DM at the DWP.

And

don't forget you only have 1 month from the date of your award to appeal.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

It would have been a DM "decision maker" at the DLA office based on the written medical reports from the doctor,the doctor could have recommend what to award but in the end it's up to the DM at the DWP.

I understand written medical reports from my GP would be re asset for benefit reasons prior to DM making the call - But when its a doctor working on behave to ATOS I would have thought that this would be nearly a decision in Black & White for them with no grey areas.

Re appeal time I telephoned them a week before dead line and today was/is my final date to appeal thus my brain stressing today about whether I should speak with them again

My apologies,but im getting a bit confused hear

What was the date on the award letter to reduce the DLA award ?

If you are Not happy with there Decision to reduce amount of DLA,you should appeal that decision as sparky514 and I posted.

Is there someone who could help you with a appeal,a support work friend or even contact your local CAB office....

Edited by 45002

Your confused :D So am I

No I telephoned to discuss on 22nd and she put me in the system for review on that date but my final date to act on this was today 28th so I have questioned it within the month timescale.

I would love to be able to say I had someone to help CAB would be good or even the local Disbabilty centre but they all are so busy that I would need to book 3 months in advance and I cannot leave the house at the moment as I have had major surgery and I am not going to be able to leave the house for another 6 weeks all of this putting extra strain on my husband I cant even brush my teeth at the moment without him propping me up.

It does sound like someone has miss advised on the phone from DLA office.

I do know when you say on the phone to DLA you want to appeal regards recent DLA descion,you do need to follow that up in writing ASAP "gl24"

• 2 months later...

onestressedwoman, as said above once you received the written notice of the award you have 28 days to appeal that decision IN WRITING by sending off the form that was linked to above. Even if you telephoned and someone said that they would put on the system for a reconsideration, you have no evidence that that was done and the regulations state your request for an appeal MUST be in writing. So did you send off that appeal form linked to above within the 28 day period following receipt of your award?

If not, then nothing at all may be happening.

"Your confused biggrin.png So am I

No I telephoned to discuss on 22nd and she put me in the system for review on that date but my final date to act on this was today 28th so I have questioned it within the month timescale."

I'm still confused, did you actually send in a GL24 form in writing to appeal before the above or on the date 28th August 2013

"Your confused biggrin.png So am I

No I telephoned to discuss on 22nd and she put me in the system for review on that date but my final date to act on this was today 28th so I have questioned it within the month timescale."

I'm still confused, did you actually send in a GL24 form in writing to appeal before the above or on the date 28th August 2013

Yes everything returned I received a holding letter saying sorry we have not been able to deal with review yet and will respond asap ? That was 4 weeks ago

as long as they received the form in time, then I think (someone hopefully will confirm) they aim to reconsider/look at their decision again within 13 weeks

Yes, as a rough guide. But of course if they're really swamped or are waiting for replies from consultants, then it can be longer.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

• 4 weeks later...

Hello people :)

As it has been so long since I have heard about status of my request to review care component I phoned today -

Lady said sorry for long delay system looks like they are having trouble requesting my file from external storage facility she will get them to phone me to give me an update and explain the problem as this is taking so long -

It is getting more and more difficult To survive on reduced payment as currently I am getting less than the law says I need to get by. I asked if I could have the X amount shortfall to be paid while I am waiting to hear but was told this is not possible and I have to wait till outcome of reconsideration.

I am in despair of this all now

Vent over !

One really stressed woman

Edited by onestressedwoman