• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Kwikfit MOT

Lecter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Took my car to kwikfit on wednesday for mot, as I was leaving work early colleagues asked why ?

I told them and when I said I using kwikfit or [edited] known to them they told me it would fail !

No way my car has never had any problems and my regular mechanic looks after it very well (I'm working away from home at moment)

Kwikfit did the mot FAIL !!?? On what I asked

1/ front brake excessively fluctuating

2/ exhaust emits excessive smoke

They could rectify for re-test for as little as £330

Then they said I desperately needed 2 back tyres.

Funny the things they deal with eh ?

Oh, he also said I need to go back there to have the re-test for £17.50 if I have the work done elsewhere !

I told them what I thought and I'd heard the horror stories and left, had another mot this morning at another garage, the fella said 'no problems whatsoever, great little car and well looked after'

I now have just written the mot fee off from kwikfit, I spoke to my regular mechanic on the phone who said he gets at least a dozen cases every year saying the same things about them.

I am letting as many folk know as possible in the hope they are boycotted.

Edited by honeybee13

Is this just your local Kwik Fit or multiple ones? I very much doubt it's all of them.

I personally had my wife's Aygo tested a year ago and they phoned to say it's fine, just the wiper blade needed changing but they will put it through a free retest if we want them to put a new blade on. It was blatantly broken and the price for a new one was standard for what it was. So in my experience they are just fine. But that's the point - everyone has their own experiences... maybe your local one needs reporting to the top dogs at Kwik Fit? Does anyone know if they work on a franchise basis? Or maybe it's just the management and/or staff there that are particularly poor?

Does anyone know if they work on a franchise basis? Or maybe it's just the management and/or staff there that are particularly poor?

Kwik-Fit are not franchised, the original poster should put in a complaint to the areas operation's manager, his poster and contact details should be displayed behind the counter at the center he attended for his MOT.

Failing this, contact Kwik-fit head office and complain about overselling.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Its not my local one as I'm away working and couldn't use my regular garage, who, if had said it will cost £750 I would have paid as I trust him.

just look at a few more threads below and there's a regular pattern going on with them.

They are a disgrace and I for one will post on every forum I use to get folk to boycott this company.

My car is serviced regularly and the brakes checked before I went away working as its in Scotland and I live in England, there is also no undue smoke whatsoever emitting from the exhaust.

Everyone Ive spoken to since have all heard of someone having a bad experience with this tacky outfit, I wont be fooled again.

As I say, it only cost me £35 and now the car has passed at a reputable garage who actually came recommended after my intial plight.

Edited by ims21

Hi Lecter,

We are sorry to hear about this and we'd like to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your vehicle registration number and the Kwik Fit centre you visited and we will ensure this is looked in to.

Kind regards,

Kwik Fit Customer Service

[email protected]

Hi Lecter,

We are sorry to hear about this and we'd like to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your vehicle registration number and the Kwik Fit centre you visited and we will ensure this is looked in to.

Kind regards,

[email protected]

H'mmm not the most prolific of CS reps here ;) lol

Hi Lecter

We're sorry to hear you are having trouble emailing us. Are you trying to add any attachments to the email at all? If so, the file size may exceed the limit. Please try again or complete our online customer comments form via the contact us section on our website http://www.kwik-fit.com/customer-comments.asp

Kind regards,

[email protected]

Find out where your local council MOT testing station is. They will give you an honest MOT as they do not do repairs. Companies like Kwikfit use cheap MOT's as a means to get you in then find reasons to charge you more.

If you think Kwikfit have acted unfairly regarding your MOT you need to report it to VOSA. Give them a call on 0300 123 9000

I take it everything is ok now the mot was passed by a reputable garage ?

The bloke at kwik-fit said I'd have to go back there !!

Anyway as I said earlier, it shows passed on the official government site.

• 1 month later...

I would be very interested to know whether Kwik fit customers services team have gotten back to you or whoever it has been passed onto. Perhaps if you have a reply and or think the complaint/problem is resolved you could post the response on here. Likewise if they offered you compensation or made further suggestions. I think replies/resolutions would be extremely useful

• 1 month later...

never trusted kwikfit not since mums MOT

they put down as an advisory that the brakes were worn down and needed replacing

they then tried to say that she needed them doing right away as it might not be safe to drive for long

they wernt best impressed when i went in and questioned this as i had put brand new disks and pads on the month before

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 1 month later...

Ideally what you should have done is appeal the MOT result with VOSA. They would then organise one of their testers to test your vehicle, normally at the station which failed it and in the presence of the named tester when possible. This would probably end up with the tester having to be re-assessed and if VOSA see fit they could remove the stations licence until re-training had been completed.

Trouble is, this takes time and effort that most people wont want to do.

Personally I never leave a car unattended for an MOT. Surprising how few fails I get when I spectate and I do run a small fleet of cars and am forever buying 'new' cars for the collection. Also look for stations (not just council) that only do MOTs. They have no incentive to fail stuff thats a bit marginal whereas a chain like Kwik-Fit will fail anything a bit marginal in an effort to get the repair work.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I know exactly what you mean. My son booked in my car to have 2 new front tyres and an Mot on Monday, took the car at 8am as they said, but when I arrived they told me they didn't open until 8.30!!!

My car is a Honda type R and 4yrs old. They said the car failed its Mot because the lights were HDs and were against the law which by the way changed in June 2013??? We explained the lights were factory fitted and we had never replaced them, they said they had to be replaced and that was that.

I paid the bill and said I would take the car somewhere else to be looked at. When I went to my local garage and explained what had happened at kwik fit, I was told they were talking utter rubbish. I had the car put through another Mot and it passed. I think kwik fit are just out to make money any way they can.