Egg - Bcard - now marlin - where are we at?

hillnoeyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Egg/B'card/Marlin - I will give an overview, but may be better to just skip to the end...

I had an account with Egg.

1st problem Egg took direct debit of too much and took it twice in 2 days. Complained, and I got a half hearted sorry; but it cost me bank charges so I cancelled the DD and paid by cheque from then on.

Even though I was paying they harassed me and sometimes phoned me 3 times day (the staff were lovely - they thought because my name was unisex they could make weak puns and just be extremely rude to me each time they called.), even after I sent the usual 'only dealing in writing', 'don't phone me' and eventually reporting them to the police and FSO. Police and FSO did nothing calls kept coming.

Work circumstances changed, and eventually I was struggling to pay. At which point, I started going through the claim back charges and CCA routine. (AS I had heard that their CCA may be invalid, not that I don't want to pay my debts, but they had harassed me and caused me so much harm, I would have been happy to see them without their money - I feel I could/should have sued them for much more.)

I had printed off my agreement when I first signed up, and what they sent me was a totally different document. I used the internet 'way back engine', and they had just copy pasted a CCA from about 18 months after I had signed up and appended a screen shot of a tick box with my name next to it. I complained...then it was transferred to Barclaycard, still unresolved.

Now Marlin. I replied to a letter of theirs, I had no idea it was about the Egg card. I replied with a 'prove it' - nothing. I again wrote and CC'd to trading standards and the SOA, and belatedly I got a letter with no proof, just telling me that it referred to an Egg account.

I replied stating that their letter did not provide any proof, and that without that forthcoming, I would not enter into any further correspondence. I basically said that I did not know them from Adam, and as such saw no reason to give any personal details.

Today I got a letter saying that they will come to visit me to 're-establish contact'. I will send the 'do not come to my property letter'. But what does this say about the situation regarding Marlin's Egg cards: do we know if they have the documentation?

As I have asked for proof and they have acknowledged this and not provided any, surely they could not take me to court? Are they just fishing?

Hi welcome to Cag,

Sorry you have waited a while for a reply!

So, send the following to:

The Compliance Manager

Marlin.

Ref: use theirs:

Sir/Madam,

I refer to letter from Marlin dated xx xx xxxx, in which it is stated that will ''visit me with a view to re-establishing contact' please not no such visit is to take place.

I will not discuss financial matters with itinerant agents or representatives from a company such as Marlin, should any such person visit my home they WILL be invited to leave, failure to comply WILL result in their removal and or the involvement of police.

I do not acknowledge any debt to Marlin an inform Marlin that previously I have requested proof of my liability for the alleged debt and only a fabricated and non compliant CCA 1974 agreement has been provided.

Marlin is also advised that I hold proof of the statement above.

This account was in dispute and still remains so.

Given the above information I suggest Marlin closes the file on this matter and makes a commercial decision that the alleged debt is not viable for further collection activity.

RM recorded signed for post is best.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

had the same problem E mailed them the prove it letter (unsigned) letter came back yesterday stating they are going back to OC to get original documents, mmmmmmmmmmmm already asked them and no response except for selling it onto marlin.

The forceful approach it a must these days, DCAs will demand/threaten/insist so we must respond likewise, polite requests to stop their bullying are so often totally ignored.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The forceful approach it a must these days, DCAs will demand/threaten/insist so we must respond likewise, polite requests to stop their bullying are so often totally ignored.

You got that bang to rights, Fight back and play as dirty as they do, worked for me, Strong worded E mails, letters (no swearing LOL) and if you decide to phone record ,record, record. Unless the debt is def genuine, not stat barred ETC, do not let them get away with trying to cash cow you.

:madgrin:

You got that bang to rights, Fight back and play as dirty as they do, worked for me, Strong worded E mails, letters (no swearing LOL) and if you decide to phone record ,record, record. Unless the debt is def genuine, not stat barred ETC, do not let them get away with trying to cash cow you.

Pussy footing around these DCAs in todays aggressive climate results in no more than protracted letter tennis, waste of tome and postage, start at the top with the decision makers, make overpaid CEOs earn their disproportionate remuneration!!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I had something similar. Threatened with court action, when I asked for evidence (I'd already CCA'd Egg and only got an application back), they then said they'd write to Barclaycard (who took over Eggs credit cards) to get evidence! I pointed out they'd already threatened me with court action when they had no grounds for doing so, have still not told me if they have actually brought the alleged debt etc. What professional bodies are those writing to me members of, so I can complain about their unprofessional, indeed illegal, behaviour etc etc. And gave them 14 days to respond, demanding they answer all the questions, otherwise they are agreeing there is no enforcable debt and will ensure no negative CRA references in relation to the alleged debt.

I doubt there is anything illegal here at all or even unlawful.

There is The Credit Services Association (CSA) which supposedly set a code of conduct for debt collection, run by companies debt collection industry.

There is not enough detail in your post to enable anyone to advise fully.

Perhaps you should start your own thread.