Non transferable

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a ticket on my windscreen as the parking enforcer said I had been given my parking ticket by another motorist,I was in the car park less than 5 mins and he was still taking my photo as I reversed out of the parking space.He was quite aggressive and I was so shook up I nearly reversed into another car.Do I email Napier ( who's name is on the ticket) and if so what do I say?

Private carpark = ignore it. Its a speculative invoice so dont pay

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It makes me wonder what proof the parking company can supply to support their claim. As the charge is legally dubious, no loss has occurred and there is no chance of them claiming damages for trespass then the ticket is not worth the paper it is printed on.

If they write to you to demand money you can either ignore the letters or reply denying any liability- do not say anything else, just "any liability for any charge is denied" and leave it at that.

The ticket I displayed didn't expire for over an hour after I left the car park.The time between observing my car and issuing the ticket was 12 seconds,he was still doing his photos when I got in the car to leave.The Fixed Charge Notice was issued by a company also owned by the landowner.Is there any point in me emailing them photo copies of the FCN and my parking ticket together with 'any liability for charge is denied',or should I just wait and see what happens?

Ignore it. If ( and its a very very big if) court action were to happen, they would never get it past a half decent judge.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 months later...

Ok I replied to them denying any liability for charge.They have now sent me a POPLA appeal form,should I just stick it in the drawer or try appealing to POPLA? The parking ticket I displayed is pretty basic and not the type where you put your vehicle reg number to link to your vehicle.

I received a ticket on my windscreen as the parking enforcer said I had been given my parking ticket by another motorist,I was in the car park less than 5 mins and he was still taking my photo as I reversed out of the parking space.He was quite aggressive and I was so shook up I nearly reversed into another car.Do I email Napier ( who's name is on the ticket) and if so what do I say?

Hilarious - do you still have the parking ticket you purchased?

If so keep hold of it and if this ever goes anywhere near court you can wave it at the judge and both of you can have a good laugh at these incompetent fools

God knows what the PPC will tell POPLA as there is no proof of what they say so perhaps they are relying on POPLA saying they prefer their testimony, which basically meas you were lying.

However, should the PPC want to take it further you have the proof that you paid the contractual amount to park there by producing the ticket. This would leave them open to be sued for breach of contract and trespass against you and your vehicle so it would be unwise of them to consider defending ttheir charge at POPLA but then again, how would these companies make any money if they played fair and stayed within the law.

I've still got the ticket and now they have supplied me with photo's of it in my car along with the application for appeal to POPLA.

Appeal to POPLA with a short account of what happened first, but add that you want a break down of pre estimate of loss that the invoice is claiming for.