Credit Card clawbacks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx.

I've paid £172.00 to my local council's planning department as I've applied for planning permission for a conservatory.

However, I was unaware, despite having checked with them, that the planning legislation had changed a few days before I made the application and the council won't refund it.

Unfortunately not quite that simple ... credit card company cannot simply clawback money whenever it wants. It would need a proper legal basis to pursue the council. This sounds like it might be a tough one... I would have thought that the person making the application is responsible for the contents of the application?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Reading the OP's other thread about their planning permission I think the issue is that they asked late April/early May and were told that they needed PP for a conservatory extending more than 3m from house but, when they submitted at end of May it had changed to distance extending more than 4m from house. From what they posted, they change was in force from the day before the OP submitted their plans.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?394930-Planning-Permission-issue&p=4267504#post4267504

Feebee_71

Have you actually asked the CC provider to d a charge back?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I've not yet spoken to the CC provider re the clawback but will seek their advice.

The proposed development now falls under the new Neighbour Consultation Scheme which governs rear single storey extensions. This new application process is totally free and from what I've read so far there's no less work for the council to do.

I think I'll continue to pursue matters further with the council for the time being as the situation does seem ludicrous.

However, if I get no joy I'm tempted to let the application runs its course and then request the clawback a few months down the line and see what the council does. I realise that this may be a slightly risky strategy but I'm livid with their current attitude.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

It's been a few weeks since I posted this but I'm pleased to say that our local council finally saw sense and have offered us a full refund of the planning fee.

Although they've continued to miss the point of our complaint and focused on a couple of addtional minor issues we've naturally accepted the offer.