Utter Despair - ESA stopped

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniella LOOK! Oh JOY!!! just had this from East Hants cos I found a strange payment on my bank statement when I went online to look at what they wanted - " I can confirm that having checked with the Department for Works and Pensions, you are still in receipt of employment and support allowance, therefore I have reinstated your claim." YAY!!! :shock::whoo:

Daniella LOOK! Oh JOY!!! just had this from East Hants cos I found a strange payment on my bank statement when I went online to look at what they wanted - " I can confirm that having checked with the Department for Works and Pensions, you are still in receipt of employment and support allowance, therefore I have reinstated your claim." YAY!!! :shock::whoo:

As you say, :whoo:

I am so pleased for you.

quickly followed by - "Your e-petition "Stop Benefits Discrimination and remove ATOS!" has now been published. You can view your e-petition at: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/51836" YAY clearly a rollercoaster day but its getting good :D

That is excellent news too. I shall definitely sign.

If you start a new thread called 'E Petition - Stop etc, and put the link there I'm sure people will sign.

I'm so glad some good things are happening for you today. :-D

I think so. If they want it somewhere else they can move it.

I am sooo happy that you have had some good news today and that they worked so quickly to reinstate your claim. :-) I was really worried for you as my friend's claim for her disabled son really did take six months because of their staggering incompetence. :mad2:

I am flabbergasted DD tbh. I dont know what caused that to happen as yet. I can only guess it may have been my letter of last week when I told them I would be appealing, I notice that the reference with it is completely different from before. I dont know as yet how they are paying me so need to find out or I may still be short as they stopped it the day before my payment was due. now I tried to post the e-petition but it told me I had tried to post too many tags whatever that means :( I guess Im a forum numpty :p

It took me about a week to work out how to post a thread at all. :-( I am worse than useless.

Hit the triangle and ask the site team what to do. You don't have to use it only to report abuse.

It's probably a good idea to chase them on when the payment will actually come through, hopefully it will be there sooner rather than later!

OMG!! I cannot believe this just happened. I thought I had better ring and check with DWP that my payments would catch up from the one that was stopped and why they had reinstated my money, the woman I spoke to was ok at first until I asked when I would get the catch up payment or was that the one I had yesterday, she firstly denied they had stopped any money and said it was a live claim so I went through the whole process again and explained they stopped my money the day before it was due an dsurely they must backdate the money if they are accepting your appeal,her toime suddenly changed and she agrees this but says it will come in due course, I was just asking her when is "in due course as I have to pay my rent" when she says "look here, I'm mindful that Ive got other calls and this conversation has gone as far as it can go. thanks for your call" and she hung up. :O That is just so rude.

yes I got her name. I am disgusted. I just wrote to my MP and had a go at him - told him to remember he is supposed to represent his constituency and to get off his ar*e and do something lol. I cannot abide rudeness

Good for you. I was only thinking about our MPs this morning and remembering the days when they actually represented their constituents, rather than entering politics as a means to an end like Blair, Cameron and Clegg, etc., for whom it is all just a stepping stone to a very lucrative career.

I can't stand ours. She is a patronising ***. You should have seen the letter she sent me when I wrote to her about the proposed rise in fuel duty last year. It was awful, explaining how it had to be done and of course she appreciated the effects, etc., and it really was inevitable. I laughed my socks off when Osborne cancelled it. She was equally useless when I contacted her about my friend's son's ESA. I had a real go at her assistant. He told me they had written on her behalf, and I asked for the name of the person she had apparently written to and he replied, "the Correspondence Department." Do we really believe a Cabinet Minister couldn't get a name if they wanted to be bothered? :mad2:

ugh dont start me on them DD! You are so right in that you say it is just a stepping stone to a lucrative career and hopefully of course a knighthood and membership of the House of Lords. Blair should be tried for War Crimes and Cameron has got to be the most pompous,arrogant PM Ive ever set eyes one. Clegg is just his glove puppet but equally as in it for his own gain as the rest of them.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that was your experience cos they are so out of touch and condescending. I think the French had the right idea in 1789!

ugh dont start me on them DD! You are so right in that you say it is just a stepping stone to a lucrative career and hopefully of course a knighthood and membership of the House of Lords. Blair should be tried for War Crimes and Cameron has got to be the most pompous,arrogant PM Ive ever set eyes one. Clegg is just his glove puppet but equally as in it for his own gain as the rest of them.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that was your experience cos they are so out of touch and condescending. I think the French had the right idea in 1789!

oh DD this situation would be laughable if it wasnt so darned awful - latest report I had was a guy in a wheelchair attended his ATOS assessment in Leicester. His wife took him up to 1st floor and left him waiting whilst she went to book him in. A member of staff ordered them to leave immediately as he was a fire risk!! Hells bells has this country gone mad??? :shock:

Sorry! Only just seen this and apologies for not explaining what a discretionary housing payment (DHP is.

There's information http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?393988-Discretionary-Housing-Payment

It's basically a payment (temporary, usually) to help you with your rent and to stop you becoming homeless, being put in arrears, etc.

Edited by ims21
Link restored

oh DD this situation would be laughable if it wasnt so darned awful - latest report I had was a guy in a wheelchair attended his ATOS assessment in Leicester. His wife took him up to 1st floor and left him waiting whilst she went to book him in. A member of staff ordered them to leave immediately as he was a fire risk!! Hells bells has this country gone mad??? :shock:

Hi Watchdog,

I think it went completely bonkers several years ago.

A friend of mine was suicidal last year, for many reasons but particularly due to a bereavement. She was made redundant during the time she was away from work for a month, as they'd realised they actually didn't "need someone doing [her] job". That of course made things even worse. She had worked for 40 years and never needed to claim anything before. Her doctor said there was no way she was fit for work but the woman at ATOS said, "you might not be fit to do the job you are used to doing but I think you could be capable of doing something else." What a way to treat someone. She appealed with the help of her doctor and they backed down, but that stupid woman could actually have driven her over the edge. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/51836

I think this is your petition. I will post it in the e-petition forum on your behalf.

The link below will take you to your e-petition thread which includes the link to the petition.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?394864-quot-Stop-Benefits-Discrimination-and-remove-ATOS!

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Good morning DD and friends,

I am so sorry about your friend DD, these people do not give a damn about the upset and harm they cause. I hope she is doing better now?

Now you guys will just love this - I wrote as you may recall to my local MP and was dissatisfied with him ducking the issue -I therefore sent a second e-mail blasting him and his fat cat Tory friends and reminding him that he is elected by the people and therefore suppossed to represent the people. I have had a lengthy reply by letter this morning in which he denies that the Government are reducing levels of support "for the most severly ill or disabled"but this line had me falling off my seat laughing - "It is a myth that severely ill people are being forced into the labour market" that is just further proof to me of how out of touch these people really are!!!

I have heard some doctors refusing to give sick/fit notes on advice from dWP you need to tell your GP they can still provide one while you are appealing. You may also need to 'tell/ask/ Dwp to pay you assessment rate & hardship payments or other things may be available.

I have heard some doctors refusing to give sick/fit notes on advice from dWP you need to tell your GP they can still provide one while you are appealing. You may also need to 'tell/ask/ Dwp to pay you assessment rate & hardship payments or other things may be available.

Thank you Ellie, luckily my GP has a very dim view of the Govt and their antics so he was happy to provide another sick note. As for payments DWP are playing dirty tricks for now, possibly because I made a complaint about the rudeness of their staff. They are paying me but are witholding the payment I should of had with the reason "there is a suspicion of a possible overpayment which we need to look into". I think this overpayment must be a figment of their imagination as I have only ever received what they said I should.