disabled bay parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I received a parking ticket this morning at a shopping centre in scotland from a company called ukcc. I was parked in a disabled bay as I had my teenage son who is disabled with me we went to the shopping centre as it was close to the hospital which is 30 mile from my home for something to eat before his hospital appointment.

The blue badge had been displayed but slipped slightly down between the dashboard and window covering a small part of it over 90% of the badge was visible. I have been told by people to ignore it but can't find information regarding this in scotland.

does anyone know what I should do.

The law in Scotland is no different except that the the new Protection Of Freedom Act does not apply there, and the parking company cannot pursue the registered keeper. So you can relax and ignore all their silly letters except (and this is very unlikely) you receive court papers. If you do, there are plenty of people on here and on other forums who will help you.

The law in Scotland is no different except that the the new Protection Of Freedom Act does not apply there, and the parking company cannot pursue the registered keeper. So you can relax and ignore all their silly letters except (and this is very unlikely) you receive court papers. If you do, there are plenty of people on here and on other forums who will help you.

Aren't there laws in Scotland regarding Disabled Bay on private proprty allowing prosecution on private land? In this case it would not be applicable as the OP has a BB.

Aren't there laws in Scotland regarding Disabled Bay on private proprty allowing prosecution on private land? In this case it would not be applicable as the OP has a BB.

Only if the landowner "ops in" to the system. So far the take-up has been very small.

ignore it

the bays are only ground graffiti anyhow

no bays/road markings on private land have any standing in law

same for BB's on private land

mean nothing

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...