New and needing advice on Sanctions

Janie_0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm new to the site, so saying hi>

I need some advice on Sanctions to my JSA, I'm a single parent of a 13 yr old and missed an appointment at Ingeus due to my kid being off sick, I had no phone credit and couldn't call my advisor but he was back at School the next day and I presented myself at Ingeus at 9am that morning to explain what had happened. I now receive a letter telling me my benefit may be sanctioned unless I have a good excuse for not attending my appointment and I'm pretty sure they won't accept my reason.

Does this mean I'm going to lose my housing benefit and CTB too? I'm also really worried as I won't be able to send my kid to school either as I don't get help with his travel expenses as we were forced to move to an area out with his school catchment area last year.

Any advice or information would be appreciated right now.

Thanks

If a referral is raised then inform them in writing of the reasons and hopefully it will be treated as a domestic emergency (you can only declare a maximum of 4 emergencies in a 12 month period before your claim could be affected).