Me and Northern Rock [many merged threads]

Debvfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But did you set the statement out as shown in the examples in the guide I gave you the link to ???

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, yes your papers will be put in front of the judge before the hearing. Also, the court will send a copy of your defence to NRAM so they will see it before the hearing too - might make them change their mind and cancel the eviction.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I hope so I am sure I can deal with the stress, I broke down in the court today lodging the papers. I'm glad I have my kids to keep me strong, I know that things should go OK but I just feel so anxious about it all. If the judge decides to let them have the house we have nowhere to go and all my money went on paying them today, so no deposit for a rental. Feel so depressed about it all, it just seems we are at their mercy and they do not seem to care one jot. Thanks to all on this site for your support it means a huge amount xx

I got a date today, but cleared the lot, and tore them off a strip. Its a dire way of dealing with people. Just keep your head up, some my friends lost their houses to nram, but as they let go.....so did their troubles! they found nicer places to rent and had council help too. Don't do it for prides sake, just find a nice place with a view :)

Hi can anyone let me know the "top bloke" to contact with regards to making a complaint or asking for help.

I have bee writing to NW at various addresses both in Telford and Rotherham all letters are accepted but never replied to.

Thanks

Thanks Tuttle. I am sure it will all come good in the end. It can't stay this way forever. x

Hi, if you have no equity and the debts are big, just go bankrupt, i means that you will only pay a percent in the pound and most get written off in 18mths, you can keep lots of things too, even if you have a shiney car. :) Just stop the stress and build a new future.

You have a very good point there!!! It is worth considering for sure!! I would never get another mortgage anyway unless I win the Euro tonight!! I live in hope!!

a mortgage, is to live in hope that it will paid for by the time you retire or there abouts, or sell to release equity, but in all the years and the ups and downs there is no guarantee. The worst thing about owning your home at old age, is that the nursing homes nick it, to pay the fees to keep you - is it all worth it? surely there is more to life than this treadmill of stress and old age....

Tuttle, I know it is a big ask as you are exhausted, but do complain to the Ombudsman about this if you get a chance, and tell your MP. The only way to stop bullying **** like Northern Rock and their 'solicitor' henchmen is to make sure people in authority know what is going on. As taxpayers we own NR and I don't agree with you losing your house and nor I am sure would 99.99% of other taxpayers. These banks need taking down a peg or two!

Tuttle, I know it is a big ask as you are exhausted, but do complain to the Ombudsman about this if you get a chance, and tell your MP. The only way to stop bullying **** like Northern Rock and their 'solicitor' henchmen is to make sure people in authority know what is going on. As taxpayers we own NR and I don't agree with you losing your house and nor I am sure would 99.99% of other taxpayers. These banks need taking down a peg or two!

I have complained, flat out, to trading standards, the fos, fsa and my local MP - its more geared to the DWP SMI thing, plus the fact that they are chasing equity to reduce the national deficit.

Hi All just to let you know I have a court date for 09.45 Wednesday morning. I just pray that the judge will see these people for what they are. Bullies.

stay calm for the judge, try and think how best to keep everything in place, I have read quite a bit over the last few days about the government and stats, so I think all will be ok for you. May the force be with you :)

Many thanks Tuttle, where did you read this info I would like to take a look it might ease my anxiety if nothing else. Just about to print off my mortgage statement showing the last payment with the shortfall. After all what can't speak cannot lie!!

Well, I am having an early night (if I can sleep I didn't last night at all) to prepare for my morning in court. I will post on how I get on here later. Fingers crossed it all goes well. Thanks for all the advice and support I couldn't have got this far without you all. Dx

Had a fantastic result today better than I could ever have hoped for. NRAM's own solicitor after reading the paperwork assumed we were there for a review hearing and could not defend them in any way. The District Judge did not even suspend the warrant again he cancelled it (or in his words 'killed it'). He has recommended that they pay all costs as action was unnecessary and if they don't then go the the FSA. He cannot believe that a company owned by the tax payer can be acting in such a dreadful way. He said that he cannot comprehend their actions and that if he worked for them it would make him ill and he has no wish to try to understand them. So in a nutshell they went into court thinking they had it all and left with less than nothing. Thanks to all on this site for their help and support. Power to the people!!!!

Wonderful, the judge seemed to use their common sense.

I think now you need to ask for a typed transcript of the case and use that as part of your complaint to the FSA.

This company are a complete disgrace and seem to be decending to even lower depths in order to try to balance their books (fictional ones at that!).

Bet you are feeling very very relieved.

Oh I am. At least I will be able to sleep now. I know that they had a very weak case (at best) but it is still the whole rigmarole of court and taking time off work. How do I get a transcript of the proceedings? Request from the court? Their own solicitor said he could not possibly defend their actions and he was quite frankly embarassed. He in fact spoke on my behalf and defended me, he said not to tell anyone but he was speechless.

Well done Deb :) great result !

Thank you Ell-enn I would not have had the strength nor the courage to go through this again if not for you wonderful people on here. I still can't believe that they no longer have a warrant for possession either suspended or otherwise!! Huge relief! Well that's one District Judge who knows them for what they are!!!

Many congratulations Deb - a thoroughly deserved victory over the monsters that are NRAM!!As has been said before, their continued use of the legal system to further their own ends is a disgrace. I am resigned to having to fight the eviction order in court myself and can only hope that I get a judge with as much common sense as you did!!

I am sure you will. When are you due in court? I wish you the very best from the bottom of my heart. The relief I feel is immense. I am sure that all Judge's get together at dinners and discuss cases and NRAM must flag up a lot. They and their employees (or should they be called civil servants as they are owned by us mere tax payers) should be given set guidelines in how to address such matters. They even had the cheek to request that their solicitor ask for wageslips (that they say they didn't receive), I told them no chance. They still seem to think they need them to make the arrangement. Can they really be that stupid that they think they call the shots still?? Unbelievable!!!