Me and Northern Rock [many merged threads]

Debvfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That would be great Ell-enn, I need to file it next week so that I can get into the judge before the eviction date (8th November 2012). My heartfelt thanks for your help at such a distressing time xx

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still have the one we did last time ? I think also you should write to Northern Rock telling them that once again you will be defending the eviction in court and remind them what the judge said next time. Also tell them that you will request the judge awards the cost of the application to you as it unnecessary.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I had a business LTD company but it has now ceased trading, I have an outstanding balance of £4800 on my business overdraft I am paying them £50 per month at the moment, but they have refused to freeze interest and still charging £1-04 per day

Any advice please.

Hi Ell-enn thanks for your message. No, I changed my laptop and have no old correspondence. As soon as we make the payment next week my partner is going to call Wallers (their solicitors) and ask them to check their previous records as to what happened last time. I really thought that this wouldn't happen again. I think they are angling for more money but surely that is going against the judge. He did say he didn't want to see this happen again and was very scathing towards them. Thanks again

I don't think I did one for you - your last thread ends before anything like that was done??? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?310531-NRAM-Repossession-Deja-Vu-Please-help-us!!&highlight= did you not keep a paper copy of what you handed into the court?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

No foolishly I didn't after the Judge gave them such a dressing down I really thought (fool I know) that they would never do this again. My partner will ring their solicitors on Tuesday and ask them to look at their clients files and see if they will change their minds after reading his comments. I really hope the do I have started a new job and cannot afford the time off and neither can my partner. Thanks ell-enn. x

Hi All - a brief update I received another letter from Northern Rock yesterday (dated the 21st SEPTEMBER) stating that on that date they had in fact enforced the order for possession. This was in fact BEFORE the account was even due. I again yesterday spoke to them faxed wage slips and bank statements and a covering letter respectfully requesting that they speak to their agents Wallers for the judges comments from the last time they did this to us. I am now awaiting a decision from their mandate department ....................I know this is typical delaying tactics they do this to us each time so I don't expect them to put the possession process on hold although I guess its worth a try!! Forever the optimist me!!!:lol:

As I thought it is a no go. They say they have not received the wage slips, need my partners (he is self employed) and will not accept scanned emails as their email system is not secure. A financial institution with non secure email. The mind boggles!! My partner will call Wallers on Tuesday and if still a no go then off to court we shall go armed with all our proof. They have no soul these people let alone hearts!!!

Terrible behaviour! It makes it even worse when you think that when they were experiencing financial problems...we bailed them out! Just goes to show a leopard never changes its spots....even when it is owned by the Government.....shocking! I wish you the best of luck. You won't need it because they are clearly in the wrong.

gemspan

Terrible behaviour! It makes it even worse when you think that when they were experiencing financial problems...we bailed them out! Just goes to show a leopard never changes its spots....even when it is owned by the Government.....shocking! I wish you the best of luck. You won't need it because they are clearly in the wrong.

gemspan

The facts are they are working for UKAR, Trying to resolve the uk's deficit. The agents you speak to from NR/NRAM are paid a miniumum wage and are target based. Its basicly a big funnel with the most vunerable parts of the uk, being pushed out the bottom by losing thier homes. These repossessions are being hidden in facts in figures of the uk's reduced debt.

Another worthy note..... If you are in negative equity, they will offer you the 'purchase assist scheme' - but only if you have negative equity! so they get thier money back, and they will still chase you. If you have equity, they are not interested.

Hi Tuttle thanks for the insight. If I were to move out and them claim the house back they would not see a penny anyway. The house isn't in negative equity as such but by the time they take disbursements out there would be around £50 left. I luckily didn't fall for their tactics this time I do however have the copy of the letter saying they are going for repossession dated a week before payment was even due. The judge will love it I am sure. I have already warned them that I will not be paying the court costs this time. Its a joke!!!! So pleased I pay nearly £1,000 a month in tax to keep the banks in business!!

The letters they send out are just a negotiation tactic. Its the same as solictors use to push people into a corner. I have complained to trading standards, the fsa, the fos, themselves (internal and not upheld). The only thing that stands up is a court date, so you need the full court papers, it takes 60days to apply, then a date, so its 3>4months before they even get the thing they are after. fill the forms and present your case, that will give you another 6months, if you go again, do the same, so thats another 6months. never ever lets baliffs in!!!!, if they knock on you door, lock it up, and go out to the pavement to hear what they got to say.

I am sure if you were aware but they have a suspended warrant for possession. The try this tactic on us nearly every year, the last time the Judge told them not to come back with the same grounds but it looks like they have totally ignored his comments.

Hi I know they claim we have broken the arrangement but once payment is made tomorrow for the normal months payment and the £300 shortfall we will be back in line. They seem think they have to make the new arrangement every 3 months although the Judge did explain this is not the case. I really cannot afford time off work to go to court and wish they could just resolve this and withdraw the application once they have payment. I know they will ask for more paperwork and at the 11th hour say no we want the full arrears, well this will not wash this time. Thanks for yor help Tuttle

Well, I have just made this months payment and the £300 shortfall so am up to date. Off to the court in a bit to file my application for a hearing to try to get this whole sorry mess put on hold. The stress is making me quite ill. :x

What are you writing in Q.10 of the N244 ? do you need help with the wording?

The company needs to be told by the judge not to use the courts as a meas of collecting its debt, that is what they are doing, trying to secure their 'interest' rather than help you.

I think the whole scenario over repossession should be re-written in the wake of the credit crunch and the mis-selling of heavily securitised mortgages.

Hopefully you can get the judge to say that the company cannot take you to court again unless no payment AT ALL has been made for 3 consecutive months.

Keep us posted.

Good morning Ladies

I thought it was worth one last try now that payment has been made to try to avoid going to court, but NRAM still request I send bank statements and wage slips (again) which I know will result in the same negative answer. I agree with you sillygirl this whole process is wrong and the thought of going to court again makes me feel quite sick.

Ell-enn my comments in Number 10 are as follows:- 'payments have been made for over 24 months on time. One part payment was made of £1000 due to change of job. This was explained to NRAM and they agreed to accept £1600 in October. This payment has been made as promised. We have the means to continue to make payments each and every month. (please see copy of attached fax). Please also see letter from DWP regarding my disabled son'. Is this OK?

Many thanks for your help and support

Deb

What's in the attached fax? is it a budget sheet? You also ought to put in the statement that the judge advised NRAM last time they issued a warrant that he was not pleased with their behaviour.

How have you set out the statement to go with the N244? have you looked at the guide here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31139&d=1320163405 there are examples of how to set out the statement. If you need help structuring it please let me know - you really need to get your points across to the judge this time and get NRAM stopped from doing this.

Wednesday, November 28

Hi just got back from the court. The fax was one to NRAM stating what the judge said last time and that I would respectfully request them to check his comments at the hearing. I enclosed proof of my son's DLA, I also mentioned that I was faxing bank statements/wage slips as requested. I also mentioned that the letter was dated the 21st September before a payment was even due let alone late. I hope this does the trick. Does the judge actually read all this paperwork before we go in? Oh and I also enclosed an up to date statement from NRAM with the last 7 months payments. I will also print the page from my bank showing the payment leaving my account today as promised. My thanks for your support. Deb x