New Time To Sign In.

yesitsme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Went to sign in today. went through all the normal talk and then she told me that from today, when i sign on every two weeks i will be given a new time each and every time i go to sign on, she then told me that this is to keep you on your toes, :x

I blame the black economy, we all know that every single person that signs on is working cash in hand, I would insist on a morning/afternoon slot so I could earn a half day at least, most inconsiderate of JCP if you ask me:lol:

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I have done nothing wrong, she told me that it is something new that is starting and it applies to everyone,

It was supposed to be humour. I know it's not funny.

So if it applies to everyone it's not a personal thing. We'll see if anybody else is experiencing the same.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

How are they going to work that is it applies to everyone.

Their computer system will go into melt down

It's no different to what they do now if you think about it, everyone has different signing on times anyway they are just changing the usually static individual ones from say Thursday at 10:30 to random at random.

The next time the Op goes to sign on they will flourish a large hat and invite the OP to select a folded piece of paper containing the next signing on 'opportunity' think of it as the Lotto with no prize attached.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

It might also mean there will now be more cases of people missing appointments or being late - more chance to sanction people.

I'd imagine this new scheme (if done wholesale) would make more work for the DWP. At present it's a 'regular', repetitive system; they know who is signing on any one day and it never changes - now they'll have to sort out the daily signings on an ever-changing basis. Increased scope for error on their part - I can imagine someone turning up correctly to be told 'we have no record of giving you that day and time to sign'. I'd advise everyone to get their signing time/date in writing and signed by the advisor.

Seems illogical to me..but since when did logic ever prevail in the DWP? Do they really think it will cut down on the 'cash in hand' brigade? Bless them for being so naive!

• 2 weeks later...

Well went back to sign on again today and asked about the new way to sign on, the evil bitch told me it was because this way you would get to see the same advisor each time. oh just great i thought i get to see the evil one each time. i then asked if all job centres are doing this she then said it is up to each job centre on what system they use.

Crazy! The rules shouldn't change according to individual jobcentres - they're all part of the DWP so should all be run in an identical way(whether good or bad). It's not so bad seeing the same advisor every week, as long as they're decent (luckily mine is). At least then you know who to blame if any errors happen on your claim; if you see a different advisor all the time they'll shift the blame onto someone else. Rule 1 of the JC advisors - 'Never admit your mistake'.

I hope they keep my signing-on time as it's very early in the morning. I always moan at having to get up and travel at that time but at least I'm done by 9:45 and the rest of the day is mine. Better than being dragged in at 3:30 and having to battle the workers going home on the bus.

Each JCP is able to set their own signing times it's down to lots of varying factors.

It can be based on staffing allocation, varying duties that members of staff that are required to do daily, it could be new claims taken in the morning and then signing in the afternoons for example.

Also some JCP offices can have a strict 5 minute appointment system for signing or time bands where you could be asked to attend in a 10 minute to 1 hour time bracket.

Sometimes when the client load increases it can be necessary to change things around to ensure that staffing levels are correct to accommodate the number of people expected in to sign to try to reduce queues and in turn frustrations of people who have had to wait about for a while.

It could also be a way of trying to reduce people being able to work cash in hand during office hours.

The only thing set by guidance is the signing day set by the last 3 numbers of the National Insurance number. Adviser appointments can be booked for any day or time.

The only thing set by guidance is the signing day set by the last 3 numbers of the National Insurance number.

I've been unemployed before and wondered why they always picked Thursday to sign...now I know! Thanks Flumps :)

(This must be a very long-standing rule as when I had a spell of unemployment in the 70's I signed on a Thursday too. Saturday (the best day) was giro day.)

• 2 weeks later...

Went back in today to sign on and saw a new advisor, I then said i thought this new system that was in place was because you saw the same advisor each time, he then told me that they have got a few teething problems with it but they hope to get it to work soon, think i have heard that before somewhere,

This is what is happening in the Job Centre I am at. Managed to change my time slot as I wanted an early morning one, which was accepted, only because someone else wanted a later time slot. Still pleased nonetheless. What they need to work on is meeting their schedule. I have signed on twice at the new time as I only recently started to claim again and I have had to wait for 25 - 30 minutes on both occasions.