DBS checks (CRBs)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive had to send off 5 enhanced DBS checks, as i registering to be a childminder. Four of them have been returned and we are still waiting for the 5th, my sons. We didn't list any convictions as he, as far as we know, didn't have any, but the delay has now made us wonder a couple of the.

Firstly he accidentally drove down a bus lane, paid the fine - should this have been listed. It was a few years ago and he was caught on camera, not pulled over by police so cant remember who the fine was from -council or police

Secondly on a drunken night out with the lads he was put in the back of the police van, drove up the road, and let out again - is this a caution? As he was drunk he doesn't remember all the details - whether his name and address were taken - he wasn't fined, taken to court etc

Thirdly he was punched a couple of years ago, in a night club, ended up in hospital, thrown out of court as judge said it was too dark to be able to identify the attacker properly!!!!, he wasn't charged or arrested as he didn't retaliate, but the fact that this is down on some police computer should we have listed that.

Ofsted and DBS aren't really much help telling me anything as its not my DBS and because my sons at work all day he is unable to ring them

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to a more appropriate Forum, hopefully you'll get some advice shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

no, you dont list those, the enhanced CRB may have information on it of that nature about yourself but not for someone in the same household. The real problem is they are just far too slow in doing their job that the department is not fit for purpose. That is why they changed things and scrapped the old CRB but things are no better. If they delay so long you miss your opportunity you can claim against them for negligence. Nearly 2000 people did last year so it is a big problem