defence

nagumos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find that if you the customer cancels the D/D then you can reinstate when you wish. If the bank cancels then you can only reinstate after 90 days.

I have just been through all this with my local NatWest bank

Thanks, Im going to cancel them and set them up on my other account, I have heard some horror stories where the natwest still try and take the money though. Sometimes I feel like Im going round a vicious circle.

Thanks though guys:-)

the originator asks for the money not NW and kidson I am sure that, if I remember rightly, the bank manager is wrong in their info

I am uncertain what you are saying.

Agreed the originator asks for money and if no funds in account NW does not pay and charges arrise. The originator asks for money again some days later and if once again no funds in place then again NW does not pay and more charges arise. ~ NW now cancels D/D and customer unable reinstate D/D for 90 days. ~ If customer attempts to reinstate D/D within the 90 day period ~ NW refuses to accept and set up D/D

Foregoing is fact. I have checked ~ rechecked and personally experienced what I have stated.

Please explain what you are disputing?

Kidson- I'll came back on that one as I think we are off track on the thread. Nagumos if the account was transferred the bank you are switching to should sort out all the DD's. With Standing Orders you would need to set them up on your new account. Best thing to do is get a list of your Direct Debits from NatWest Bank and proceed from there.

Good Morning, The dispute I have with Natwest over charges is they were perfectly happy to take 3 seperate charges off me last week, that concequently made me go £100 overdrawn, then I got paid on friday which was when my loan came out, because of the charges I was £40 short to pay the loan. They did not take the loan out but instead they charges me £38 for trying! When I rang the bank yesterday I was informed that they could not take my loan out as it would leave me £40 overdrawn, but they were more than happy to take out charges that left me £100 overdrawn. So consequently I still have to pay the loan repayment this friday, plus another charge next month as when they took the £38 out of my account it still left me £7 overdrawn. Its just frustrating as I try to keep enough in the account, yet they seem to take take take and all they offer is a loan-more debt..... I dont think so:evil:

Kidson I'll PM you because I think we are both on the right track but are misunderstanding each other and I'm midful of the fact that as this is nagumos thread that we are hijacking it even though we are giving information

Too rioght! I'm going to make sure I get every penny they've (EDIT) from me. Before the £6.50 DD incident I might have settled for a percentage...

Edited - Please refrain from the use of language that could be libelous

Hi, Just got another letter off Sstuart higley informing me that "There is little that i can add constructively to my last letter and note your proposed action. i hav ealerted our lawyers and litigation department accordingly"

Has anyone else had this letter???

I hope its just the standard letter...:-|

I just received a letter from Stuart Higley today (06/09/06) which quoted this exact same paragraph so it must be standard spiel.

Needless to say I am now taking my case to the online claims court. Let's hope they don't call my bluff. :|

I just got my acknowledgement in the post today. It says,

'An acknowledgement of service of your claim has been filed today, copy attached.

The defendant now has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form to file a defence'

Hope this helps nagumos??

Good luck hun

Clark xx:razz:

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

NatWest: £1148.00 (defence filed 3/10/06)

Halifax: £2600.00 Letter received 28/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!:lol:

Co-op: £1140.00 Cheque received 5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

Barclaycard: £840.00 Half refunded mcol being done for the other half!

Capital One: £100 Settled in full after preliminary letter

RBS: £38.00 SETTLED IN FULL 14th September 2006

STILL TO GO.......

Hubbys Halifax visa :p

Hubbys Yorkshire bank visa :)

Hubbys old Yorkshire bank (closed) account :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning..

My letter this morning informs me that Natwest are intending to defend. My main worry is this AQ, do you always have to send this in?? The courts that is dealing with my claim is over 100 miles from me, what do I do??:(

Thankyou, I got myself all stressed this morning, yet in reflection I know now I was stressing over nothing. Natwest phoned to speak to me on Thursday, luckily I was at work, I would not know what to say really apart from all my correspondence will be by letter. :p

I had the same fear as you if they ever called me but its not as bad as it sounds, its your money! I would call them, some or most know what we are doing and are aware of this. The staff don't personally care about this its only the bosses that are probably smoking more cigars!

Good Luck, i would tell the court you are an individual and to move the case to YOUR local court which they will do.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

I had the same fear as you if they ever called me but its not as bad as it sounds, its your money! I would call them, some or most know what we are doing and are aware of this. The staff don't personally care about this its only the bosses that are probably smoking more cigars!

Good Luck, i would tell the court you are an individual and to move the case to YOUR local court which they will do.

Hmm what did they call you about?

With regards to the original question, you do have to send the allocation questionnaire into the court, but they will send this to you directly. It's a really easy form to send it.

You don't have to respond to Natwest's CPR 18 request (cobbet's will have sent you one with their defence in an attempt to intimidate and confuse you). You want to use the letter politely informing them that you do not have to complete their CPR 18 request as you anticipate the case going down the small claims track. See plutos vs natwest for more details etc

Good luck, keep us informed!

Plutos

SNATCHWEST and NOBBETS no scare me!

Good Evening everyone.. Ok just got my letter from the courts with the box ticked X Cobbetts intend to defend, what do I do now, on another thread I read that you sent Cobbetts the standard reply, I cant find this reply. Any help would be great, Im also worried about this AQ form, on most threads I have read people are actually taking the AQ form into the court ! The court that I have been issued is in Nottingham, I live in Cumbria-Arghhhh,:o surely I can just post it, hopefully.:|

Val

Good Evening everyone.. Ok just got my letter from the courts with the box ticked X Cobbetts intend to defend, what do I do now, on another thread I read that you sent Cobbetts the standard reply, I cant find this reply. Any help would be great, Im also worried about this AQ form, on most threads I have read people are actually taking the AQ form into the court ! The court that I have been issued is in Nottingham, I live in Cumbria-Arghhhh,:o surely I can just post it, hopefully.:|

Val

Now you just wait for them to submit defence usually on day 28, then you recieve AQ from court which is a simple form to fill in . Then you can either take it to court or post it - post copy to Cobbetts. I posted mine and kept checking that the cheque was cashed.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

thanks, after I have sent the AQ, how long do I wait then?? Also my filed a moneyclaim for my B/F yesterday agaisnt his bank, yet this morning he received a letter offering him nearly the full amount. The moneyclaim obvisoulsy has added quite a bit more onto the total. what should we do, should we cancel moneyclaim and take the offer, are we duty bound to do that, or should we decline and wait?:-|