defence

nagumos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have just sent my bank a DPA last week, so far I have received nothing off them regarding my letter. Although I did recieve a letter off them this morning imforming me that they are to charge me £28.00 for going £2.00 over my overdraft limit. Day light robbery, they should be wearing masks!!

Will keep you posted as this is NOW WAR

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nagumos

click on the main Consumer Action Group title, scroll down to templates in green. Select Bank templates. DPA template is in there.

BUT dont download and send off until you are more familiar with the workings of the site. eg FAQs Forum rules, other peoples threads etc etc etc.

It is simple but you need to get used to the site layout to get up to speed properly.

Good luck and welcome

Kate:)

Sorry Cheddar...:)

MODERATED 3 threads merged , please keep to your original thread when updating , thanks .

( not sure where this particular post was meant to be as it was in this forum in its own thread )

Hi there.

Ok so far no word from NW although they have banked my CHQ, so at least I know they have received my DPA.

My partner sent his out at the same time as me to HSBC, last week he received a letter informing him that they would not bank his CHQ as a goodwill gesture and he is to receive his statements very soon.

Looks like NW are digging there heels in!!!:o

Hi..

Do you included the interest on your statements or just the charges????:shock:

MODERATED AGAIN: Please stick to your own thread instead of hijacking others.

Hi, just recieved my statements, added up that they owe me just over 2k, but that is not with any interest that was charged to my account, as I am not sure about the interest.

Where do I go from here?? I cant find the spreadsheet that does all the calculations for you, I have done my own on the computer.

Sorry for being so confused but exactly what letter do i send with these calculations and do I have to have them all in date order and titled?

Help !!!:confused:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/6964-spreadsheet-interest.html?highlight=vampiress

Hi take a look at this thread. Spreadsheet on here too.

I can't help you with your qauestion because I have the same questions too!!

If you get advice before me please let me know.

thanks

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/ :)

Abbey Current Account claim for charges £1307.11

26/01/07 Awaiting court date

25/01/07 Courts lost my file!! Said it will be sorted soon

23/11/06 Defence recieved from Abbey

20/11/06 Statements a full 6 years received

16/11/06 AQ completed & submitted

30/11/06 Claim number 6SQ06250 recieved from courts

24/10/06 Claim submitted to courts x3 copies

21/08/06 Prelim letter asking for it back, sent to Pam Speed. 14 days up 05/09/06.

21/08/06 Data Protection Act non compliance letter sent. 7 days up 29/08/06

11/07/06 Reply to Pam Speed Data Protection Act fob off letter.

10/07/06 Data Protection Act fob off letter received from Abbey. dated 06/07/06.

29/06/06 Data Protection Act statement request sent

• 1 month later...

Hi..

I have just received a letter from Stuart Higley informing me that "Having reviewed your account, I can find no instance where charges have been applied when they are not properly due. They have all been associated with a lack of covering funds in the account at the time items were presented for payment"

Is this the standard P### off letter?? Has anyone else had this paragraph in their letter??:?:

Yeh thats the standard sod off letter he sends out, well i mean the computer sends out. I had mine this Tues and have send in my LBA so hoping to hear the next sod off soon.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Hi, Just got another letter off Sstuart higley informing me that "There is little that i can add constructively to my last letter and note your proposed action. i hav ealerted our lawyers and litigation department accordingly"

Has anyone else had this letter???

I hope its just the standard letter...:-|

Hi Guys

What!!!!!! I got the same letter from the same guy yesterday. This Stuart Higley must be a very busy man. I wonder what he did before all this re unlawful bank charges came to the surface. Oh By the way, it came on the same day as a letter from Capital one informing me that they were going to reduce the penalty charge by half form the 31st of august thats a bit like a bank robber saying that he will only take half the loot in future. has anyone else had such a letter

Keep it up

Cally

Thanks evryone, at least we are all more or less getting the same letter, Im just about to start my money claim. Wierd though, some people get offered some of there money before now. Not that I would take it anyway:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Just about to start my moneyclaim, really confused as to the wording I put in, any advice anyone? Much appreciated. I have just checked my online account a minute ago and have found that they have taken off me this morning £90. It leaves me nothing to live on for the rest of the week, how can banks justify this behaviour??:(

Thanks, i have looked in to it today, just need to get my head round it and wait until I have the relevant funds to pay for it, thats if snatchwest dont take it off me. This site is fab, once this is all over I will certainly be donated 5% of what Im owed.:D

Hi Everyone, Natwest have just taken nearly £100 last week out of my account, charges, card misuse etc, I rang them this morning asking them what was going on. Basically they told me that I did not have sufficient funds in my account to pay D/D so they charges me £38 and £35 for the priviledge. Arhh I am so angry, what I have done is opened another account and as of today I am getting my wages paid into that account, how long does it take to change D/D? Has anyone else done this? I am in my overdraft now as we speak, can the bank demeand that I pay in all back immediately????

Any advise would be great:grin:

If the same D/D is presented twice and you are without sufficient funds on both occasions ~ then the bank will automatically cancel your D/D. If you then subsequently wish to establish a new D/D with the same supplier, they will make you wait 90 days before they will accept a new D/D instruction.

If you have insufficient funds in your account and you know a D/D is on its way, suggest it is better for you to cancel the D/D.