ESA benefit claim form question

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a claim for ESA on the 5th april

I have received the claim details today by post which i have to check and return

I cannot see any ware on the form where i have to sign and date as correct, neither can i see them requesting further evidence such as doctors certificate

The form is just what i stated on the phone when i made the original claim for ESA and is about a dozen pages

Is this normal

Hello there.

They don't normally request a doctor's certificate, it's not like a company pension, say. That's part of the problem with the system, the DWP are likely to go by hat Atos tell them when you have an assessment at some point, rather than your medical advisers.

I hope someone will be along soon who knows about what happens with the paperwork when you claim on the phone.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

What confuses me is that i have made a claim for a state benefit (ESA)

No ware on the form am i making a statement of truth via my signature and date as confirmation as to what the job centre has stated is correct and confirms what i have stated

This cannot be right

What confuses me is that i have made a claim for a state benefit (ESA)

No ware on the form am i making a statement of truth via my signature and date as confirmation as to what the job centre has stated is correct and confirms what i have stated

This cannot be right

2009 has called to say maybe you should read this http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/esa-stakeholder-information-pack.pdf

1st para page 3 and there's some pretty pictures to :lol:

I might read that later as it's cleared up a few bit n pieces about the WP and groups and changes to ESA I was trying to piece together.

That might be the case, but i am declaring i am not fit to do certain types of jobs and making a claim for benefit.

Any false declaration can end up in prosecution

But if i have not signed anything (statement of truth) to confirm my previous statement in applying for ESA Is correct, how then can i be prosecuted

That is just an example i have used in not signing the document

That might be the case, but i am declaring i am not fit to do certain types of jobs and making a claim for benefit.

Any false declaration can end up in prosecution

But if i have not signed anything (statement of truth) to confirm my previous statement in applying for ESA Is correct, how then can i be prosecuted

That is just an example i have used in not signing the document

Why would you need to sign your statement of truth?

If there was an error you would tell them!

If you do not then (as with contracts) you are accepting that what is written there is fact, truthful and binding.

Why not raise a FOI request on this if you are really interested?

I am currently studying law, and i see things in a whole new perspective than most people

My posts may seem blunt to most people, but i base my assumptions on fact and logic

A signature is confirming what you have stated is factual and true to the best of your knowledge. This is the first time i have ever dealt with any form of bureaucracy, and never had to sign and date what has been stated as true

You do need to sign a claim to benefit or it will be rejected. If the declaration page isn't there (usually it's very near the end of the form) then it's missing and you need another copy of the form.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

:Phone Claims for Employment n Support Allowance:

For reasons best known to someone other than me telephone claims for employment n support don't appear to need a signature.

Google; 'draft customer statement for employment n support allowance'

Should bring up a word doc of the sample customer statement that gets sent in response to the phone claim.

Half way down page 3 there's a request for a Med 3/10 (unfit) note which should be returned in the reply envelope, together with any other documents that've been requested by Jobcentreplus.

Margaret.

Whatever happened to the oh so simple idea of completing an ESA1 claim form n signing it. :roll:

Edited by **Margaret**

Margaret yes, my mistake, I was assuming a claim made using an ESA1 form rather than an input doc.

Claims made by phone don't need to be signed because you are read the declaration and asked to agree with it on a recorded phone call.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.