style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey. I am a Care assistant, and started working in a Care home on September 10th 2012.

On March 13 2013 I walked into work at 13:00 as I had POVA training to attend.

As I walked in my senior leader said the manager wanted to see me and I assumed it was about the transfer I asked for as I wanted to relocate to a care home closer to home.

I wen't up to the managers office and she said to go back to see her after training.

At 16:30 I went back to the managers office and the manager then went and got the clinical leads. At this point, I started to worry.

I asked what this was all about and the manager said she needed a witness in the room

and then proceeded to tell me that I was being suspended.

I was completely shell shocked at this point and asked her to tell me Why?

She said she couldn't tell me anything other than it was a case involved in THEFT!

I asked what I was supposed to of stolen but she said I would recieve a letter in the post the following morning.

On thursday 14th, I did not recieve a letter.

The letter arrived on the 15th saying I have been suspended on full pay pending investigation,

but again, it didn't say what I was supposed to of stolen. or when!

I phoned the manager who again, refused to tell me anything!

1 week later, a friend text from work saying he had heard about what I was suppoed to of done,

and that no one would believe it. I

was supposed to of stolen an iPod connecter thingy that connects the Ipod to a docking station.

I own an iPod 4th Gen, but the thing that was stolen was for an OLD iPod. and I don't even own a docking station.

fast forward, and its now 6th April 2013 and I have still not heard a thing from work.

I only recieved that one letter saying I wasn't allowed to contact anyone or I am not allowed to find another job.

Please help

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't stop you resigning and finding a new job, but your references in the future may be quite bad.

Are you suspended on full pay?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I have done nothing wrong so I feel like if I resign, I'm basically saying "Hey, I did it!". I'm not giving in as I love being a carer and I could never work as a Care assistant again if this false allegation goes on my record.

Yes, I am suspended on full pay pending investigation.

I have done nothing wrong so I feel like if I resign, I'm basically saying "Hey, I did it!". I'm not giving in as I love being a carer and I could never work as a Care assistant again if this false allegation goes on my record.

Yes, I am suspended on full pay pending investigation.

So, not much to worry about - you are on full pay, will be invited for a meeting and your employer will have to provide evidence.

Are you union member or are you represented? CAB might be a good idea as well.

If nothing comes out of this take them to a tribunal.

No I am not a member of a union. Silly me thought I would never need one. Guess I was wrong.

Why are they taking so long though? I mean, if they are looking for evidence, they aren't going to find any! They only have to check the rota and they can see that I didn't actually work the weekend the item was stolen.

Regards.

Suspension in a neutral act.

Don't listen to rumours of what it might be about.

WRITE to your employer. Ask for a timscale of when they expect their investigations to be completed so you can go through the process and return to work. Keep a copy.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

If nothing comes out of this take them to a tribunal.

Premature much? No grounds AT ALL for that at this stage.

Suspension in a neutral act.

Don't listen to rumours of what it might be about.

WRITE to your employer. Ask for a timscale of when they expect their investigations to be completed so you can go through the process and return to work. Keep a copy.

Will this work because my manager is 100% sure she can't tell me anything! I phoned her on Friday and she said she is surprised it's been so long but again she won't say anything.

I am also missing my NVQ level 2, which I can not attend.

I have no idea if it will work - they can investigate for a while longer yet if they want - but it starts an audit trail of actions you have taken to try and resolve matters, should you need it later.

As long as it takes to ask everyone they need to questions.. one chap on here, it was over six months

There were various investigations and I think he got back on appeal. But every case is different. If you have done nothing wrong, try not to worry!

So you weren't even at work when it was stolen? How bizarre that you've even been suspended.

Anyway, they haven't just sacked you without investigation, so that's positive news. They can let you go for any reason in your first two years, so the fact that they are following a procedure is hopefully a good sign.

Is there an HR department you can speak to?

I was wondering if there was a chance that the item was just misplaced. I hope it is in a way because I want to go back to work. 3 weeks is a long time to be out of work. I feel unemployed. I could speak to HR but I'm not sure who I ask for.

Yeah my friend told me on Monday 11th March in NVQ training that the said item was stolen the weekend before but I wasn't at work so came as a huge shock for me to be blamed

You shouldn't have been suspended for this - they haven't even done a basic investigation. Suspension is potentially, but not always, a neutral act. If the suspension is unfair and is materially damaging your reputation, and if the investigation is taking an unreasonably long time, you can attempt to get an injunction to have the suspension lifted.

• Confused 1

It could be the person could not find her charger and automatically assumed it was stolen, quite mistakenly. It is common in Alzheimers to be suspicious of others often to an unreasonable extent. However, you say the accuser is a "disabled girl". It is difficult for you, but they have to be fair to both parties. They do not know which one of you is right.

• Confused 1