Debt Managers services Ltd - old mobile phone contract with o2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello.

I wonder if anyone can give me any advice,

I have returned from a short break in dorset today to find several telephone messages

and 2 letters from Debt manager services ltd,

sometime ago I took out a mobile phone contract with o2,

when the phone arrived I had several problems with it,

it went back to be repaired,

the same problem happened with the phone,

in the end I rang o2, told them i would be returning the phone and wanted to cancel the contract,

they said I had 6 months to run on the contract and said I had to buy out the rest of the contract to cancel.

I returned the phone and cancelled the DD.

I havent heard anything apart from about a month ago when Lowell contacted me,

Said i owed 230.00, I ignored the letter.

so today I have received several telephone messages, (how did they get my ex-directory home number) and what should I do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sss

Yes, how did they obtain an x directory number ! Have you provided it to anyone at all.. is it on the electoral roll ?

You can indeed insist they remove that from their records. People have x directory for a reason, and it isnt to be pestered by DCAs.

IMHO, the fact that telephone was faulty and you were unable to use the service you originally signed up to and no doubt their customer service is rubbish - you were left with no alternative but to cancel the contract. You do not consider that you should have to buy yourself out of a rubbish contract.

You could write to Debt Managers.. (dont know why I thought it was Lowells!) and confirm that there was and still is an unresolved dispute with the original lender due to shoddy service/product. That they should return the account from whence it came and that if they do decide to take any legal action against you, you will be pleased to present your side of things to a court.

You should also at the same time, insist they remove an x directory number from their records and indeed explain themselves as to how they came in possession of it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should not, under any circumstances involve yourself in conversation with them. Do you have the facility to bar the number they called from ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Back to work and lifes busy.

I have the facility to block calls from them Debt Managers (services Ltd) and Inow have done. I sent them a letter dated 30th March, of which I asked how they got my private number, and to strike it from the file because I will only communicate via letter, I sent it via recorded delivery, they continuously phoned me through different telephone numbers for 5 days one day they called 9 times.

They have now received my letter and have replied confirming they have taken my telephone off record and will only communicate via letter. I did write in the letter the reason for dispute, and also said it they wished to take court action I would be more than happy to give my side to a court.

They replied:

" When this was passed to us for collection we were unaware of any dispute on the account and to be able to investigate further and resolve this matter we require full details of the account in writing within 14 days."

Do they mean they require me to give them full details or they have applied to o2 for full details.

I copy the letter to Lowell, and asked for all the details of the debt including the letter I think I should have got to let me know the account had been sold to an agency.

Can Debt Managers Ltd, ask me for details for should they be going back to o2 to get the details?

I am more than happy to write and give details

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lowells are the company who have bought the o2 contract, Debt Managers are the people chasing me. i did copy the letter that I sent to Debt Managers also to Lowells.

Should I write to Debt Managers and tell them my dispute is with o2 and see no reason why I should have to give details to them regarding my dispute.

regards

SSs

Hello,

This is what the letter actually says:

The telephone number was passed onto us by our client and has been removed and further contact will be in writing as requested. We have not purchased this debt but act on behalf on our client Lowell Financial who are the legal owners of

debt. When this was passed to us for collection we were unaware of any dispute on the account and to be able to investigate further and resolve this matter we require full details of the account in writing within 14 days.

its dated 9th April 2013, I received the letter on the 11th April, so I have a few days of their deadline left.