Additions - Shop Direct Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm not an expert here and I am going through a similiar thing myself. This is a standard response (mine was worded the exact same only with Littlewoods).

You now need to send them a Letter Before Action Letter which you can find in the templates Library on here and just wait to hear your response from them.

Hi

I can't find them but will upload mine that I sent when I get a proper minute.

And it seems that way I got the exact same letter back as you. I then sent them an Letter Before Action and still was told no so I'm trying to fill a Money Claim Online in at the minute. I think they think we will fall because they have said no but I won't back down on mine I'm digging my heels in :)

I have only had 1 letter which I got on friday, an email that they sent on monday and today I have had a call to the landline but I wasn't in. I pressed 1471 when I got in and googled the number and it came up as Lowell's. They have since about 4.30 sent a text to my landline asking me to call them. I'm going to ignore them for now but if the phone calls keep up I intend to send them the Harrasment Letter that is in the Library on here. How have they been with you? As I say mine has only just been passed to Lowells so it's new to me too :(

I'll just ignore them then :)

I can't find my Letter Before Action (I'm hoping it's on the other laptop my son is using for his homework at the minute) I have just found one on which which looks very similar to the one I sent I've copied and pasted for you as I'm not sure how to attach on here hope it helps.

Your Address

[supplier's address]

Dear

Reference: [a single sentence summing up your claim]

As it has not been possible to resolve this matter amicably, and it is apparent that court action may be necessary, I write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct.

[Provide a summary of the facts of the dispute]

From you I am claiming [state what you want from the party you're claiming from]

I have calculated this sum [state how you have calculated the amount being claimed]

Listed below are the documents on which I intend to rely in my claim against you:

In accordance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct I would request that you provide me with copies of the following documents:

I can confirm that I would be agreeable to mediation and would consider any other system of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts.

I would invite you to put forward any proposals in this regard.

[Alternatively you can set out details of any ADR scheme that you would be prepared to use]

In closing, I would draw your attention to section II (4) of the Practice Direction which gives the courts the power to impose sanctions on the parties if they fail to comply with the direction including failing to respond to this letter before claim.

I look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days.

Should I not receive a response to my letter within this time frame, then I anticipate that court action will be commenced with no further reference to you.

Yours sincerely,