I need help with EDF electricty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone help me? :???:

I moved into a new cottage Nov 2011,

the cottage ran on economy 7,

I had the night storage heaters and the electricity company was EDF.

They sent me a tariff of nighttime and daytime electricity, so i set timers for all my white products to be turned on during the night when the cheaper electricity kicked in.

Meanwhile, I had discovered a low frequency humming sound that sounded as though a central heating system was on all the time in the background.

After careful inspection of my meter I discovered that instead of the economy 7 timing

it was set to go on and off at different times.

I complained to EDF about this, they came and changed the meter (this was back in December 2011),

I also asked EDF if they could review my bill because I had set the timers for everything to come on during the cheaper electricity times

and now because the meter had been incorrectly calibrated I had set everything to come on during the most expensive electric not the cheapest!

They agreed that my bill would need to be recalculated and the issue looked into because I explained that the landlord

and the previous tenants would've been incorrectly billed for sometime and that they would need to be notified.

I didn't here from EDF again, not one bill.

I assumed that this was because this was now a complicated case and they were taking their time to sort it out.

I moved from the cottage 1st September 2012 and took a final meter reading which I wrote down with my lanlord present and that was that.

I didn't here from EDF again until begining of December when they telephoned me via EOS to demand £1750 from me.

I contacted EDF and asked why the original problem had not been addressed.

Cut a long story short and after many calls and emails to EDF,

I was sent a bill for £1174.89 minus £90.00 credit to the bill for the period 17th November to 11th Dec

as a goodwill gesture for the month I had had the little problem with the meter.

this electricity bill covers from 12th Dec 2011 to 2nd September 2012.

This amount is still way more then I feel is fair.

I am told that because I know longer live in the property there is nothing I can do and I must pay the bill.

During that time my heating was from wood fires and the economy 7 storage heaters

and it was all supposed to be cheap electric so why is this bill nearly double my ususal cost,

and if you divide the figure up it works out at approx £130.00 per month but only £90.00 credited to me for the month

they calculated how much I used when the meter was incorrectly calabrated! :|

Is there anything I can do? :shock: Please can you help. Thanks

prior to this when was your last bill from them?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you are doing fine.

the billing code state they can only back bill 12mts frim the date of any bill they send you IF they have not sent a previous bill within the last 12mts

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How do I respond to eos the debt collectors who keep calling me? & would it not effect my credit score?

no util bills do not show on cra file

if this is a dca calling you

then ignore them.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

if EDF wanted the money THEY would have taken you to court.

EOS are on a phishing trip to fleece you.

dx

and they

you are doing fine.

the billing code state they can only back bill 12mts frim the date of any bill they send you IF they have not sent a previous bill within the last 12mts

I've only just found your reply. I kept myself logged in on my iPhone otherwise I would not have known how to find this thread again.

Thank you very much for getting back to me & so soon. Do I write to the women from EDF I have been in correspondence with & explain about the clause? I moved out of the property September 2012 would they be in their rights to bill me from march until September 2012 as 12 months would be September. Or as they have not sent me a bill ever would the date be from when I first contacted them regarding the incorrectly calibrated meter?

Thank you very much for your time :-))

no util bills do not show on cra file

if this is a dca calling you

then ignore them.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

if EDF wanted the money THEY would have taken you to court.

EOS are on a phishing trip to fleece you.

dx

Hi thank you very much for replying. I didn't know utility bills don't show on a credit file! What does dca mean please? Thanks :-)

I've only just found your reply. I kept myself logged in on my iPhone otherwise I would not have known how to find this thread again.

Thank you very much for getting back to me & so soon. Do I write to the women from EDF I have been in correspondence with & explain about the clause? I moved out of the property September 2012 would they be in their rights to bill me from march until September 2012 as 12 months would be September. Or as they have not sent me a bill ever would the date be from when I first contacted them regarding the incorrectly calibrated meter?

Thank you very much for your time :-))

Sorry just re read what you said! Am I correct in reading that because I haven't heard from them since Dec 2011 & have never received a bill I don't have to pay them...??

you asked about your credit rating

thats your cra file

see below to get it.

can we clarify..

you have not received and bill from edf themselves since you moved out.

dx

and they

you are doing fine.

Hi am getting a bit confused...sorry! The first and only bill I have received from edf was on the 18/01/13. I moved in on the 01/11/11 and moved out 02/09/12 (I didn't receive one bill during this time). Thank you for your time sorry to be asking so many questions but I want to be clear before I contact edf again.

i would suggest they can only bill you from march 2012 - sept 2012

pre march 2012 is not within 12mts of the current bill

as long as this is the only bill they have ever sent.

dx

and they

Thank you for replying to my message.

That is what I thought you meant.

It seems a lot fairer now,

their bill was way more per month then I think it should've been.

Please may I ask one more question...?

Do you have any idea what is the best way to approach them?

Thanks

Hi letsmakeamark, my computer is ill so ive had to do everything on my iphone which is not easy! :violin:I wander, could you give me any more information regarding my position with edf and the fact that I am no longer at the address?

Hello dx100uk, i've been having some trouble with my computer so ive had to use my iphone to link into this site which hasn't been easy :violin:I wonder if you could help me a little more..? I am going to email edf tonight or tomorrow to answer their email to me. EOS are calling and sending me letters to pay up and i'm getting a bit stressed and worried about it all :scared: I've been thinking of sending edf a copy of the back billing doc explaining that I am willing to pay from march to sept as you suggested and in addition to that their bill was calculated incorrectly as the day rate at the time of the billing was less than the bill they have sent (I will send a copy of the domestic prices they sent me at the time). Then I will recalculate the bill and explain exactly how much I will pay them. Does that sound reasonable? :???: Thank you for your time :-) p.s what did you mean by eos fishing?

Hi letsmakeamark, my computer is ill so ive had to do everything on my iphone which is not easy! :violin:I wander, could you give me any more information regarding my position with edf and the fact that I am no longer at the address?

Normally if you had been with them then if you refused to pay or didnt. They would simply get a warrant and would have forced entry and changed your meter/s for prepaid one/s. However as you have now moved they cant do a lot apart from chase you via a debt collection company etc. Worse to worse take you to court which i doubt they will do.

So whats cooking today ?

Normally if you had been with them then if you refused to pay or didnt. They would simply get a warrant and would have forced entry and changed your meter/s for prepaid one/s. However as you have now moved they cant do a lot apart from chase you via a debt collection company etc. Worse to worse take you to court which i doubt they will do.

Thank you for your reply. If they decided to take me to court what would happen do you know? Thanks a lot