Advice needed for my disciplinary hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

let's remember OP has been there for about 6 months.

They can dismiss. she needs to sharpen up.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

thank you for the feedback i will have a word with my manager and supervisor.

i know m supervisor sighed te other day when she saw 'disgusting' written on my worksheet - i think she thinks i am not trying

They can dismiss, but that should not be their goal.

The mistakes that have been made have happened, there is nothing that can be done about them, but its best for the OP to learn from them and try not to make more mistakes, especially on the hygiene side.

The OP gives the impression of someone who is trying very hard to do her job well, and who has bought into the 6 week evaluation period in good faith. The evaluation period had had the effect of making her nervous and more prone to errors, and the employer should be understanding of this.

In answer to the question, the mistakes can be brought up at the end of 6 weeks, but the employer must also enter into the evaluation period in good faith, the mistakes shouldn't be saved up and used as ammunition at the end of this period.

The most important thing the OP can do is demonstrate to her supervisor and manager that she is trying, and that any mistakes that happen are not through want of effort. The employer is more likely to look favourably on someone who has really given their best shot at improving rather than someone who has made mistakes because they don't care or aren't trying hard enough.

There is also the possibility that Rachel isn't suited to work requiring a high level of detail. That could be a really useful thing to take from this too. So whatever happens she will have information to make better decisions in future.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

That might be true Emmzzi, but she might also have the potential to be excellent in the job. In either case the call should be made at the end of the 6 weeks. During the evaluation period she should be given every possible support to succeed. Not saying the employer isn't necessarily doing this, the training course provided is very encouraging, but the evaluation needs to consider improvements as well and not only mistakes.

I am 18 and not experienced this is my first job.

I'm so scared of messing up

When i've had meetings, they ask if there is anthing to do that can support me - I asked for a check sheet so i could see what i needed to do. my supervisor asked me if she needed to spend more time with me. I said no, I din't want to waste her time

Many thanks for your comments but emmzzi you are not making me feel any better or helping in any way being so negative. Yes I need to 'sharpen up' but you're not helping

Try not to worry, although its not easy, give it your best shot over the next few weeks, that's all you can do.

I think Emmzzi is trying to help you too by giving you advice, sometimes its useful to have advice from different viewpoints.

Maybe go back to your supervisor and say you've thought about her offer and would like her to spend more time with you. It really does sound like they're trying to help you, and if your supervisor is working alongside you and supporting you, this can only be a good thing.

One thing to remember, if the supervisors are writing in a book when things slip below expected standards and Rachel is being offered additional support but declining it, when she has a review of the period of monitoring and these slips are picked up on it could be seen to be unacceptable. It goes in Rachel's favour that she has asked for a tick sheet/checklist to ensure she has completed all aspects of the role in regards to room cleaning or other duties she performs - why doesn't Rachel create her own checklists for each area of the job to show her personal commitment to improving her performance and to give as a pointer to new or casual staff at the workplace of the requirements of each clinic room/work area/daily task.

You never know, Rachel might get a pat on the back for her use of initiative and for seeing potential to address an area where she has previously fallen short.

Feebee_71

• Haha 1