o2 saying htc one x is water damged

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just sent my htc one x to o2 for the second time and just been told its water dammiged.

i kno for a fact the phone has not been near any water o2 are saying phone has got suface corrosion throu the usb charging port.

heres the full story

got the htc one x in april was sent in for repair in aug as it had crashed and was in a turn on and try to boot then would go off and repeat the cycle.

phone was replaced with a recon unit.

phone that i got was crashing poor signal very bad wifi but perservied with it until feb 2013.

sent it in for repair and got a text tonight to say that the phone was not being repaird under the warrenty.

i rang cs to find out what was going on and he spoke to the repair center who said water damage via the usb port and that there was staining on the pcb.

i kno for a fact that the phone has not been near any water or in a kitchen or a bathroom as he implied.

also he was very quick to tell me the repair would be £181 then after a few mins a good will of £120 would get me a phone reduced from £300 so i was more suspicius and told them no if i accepted that then i would be accepting that i was admiting doing the damage to my phone.

also a funny thing is my partner had a htc one x that went faulty and it was sent in for repair and it had very big faults ie screen not working proper crashing poor signal and no one could hear you on a phone call.

got phone back repaired with no info and first day back it started to crash rang o2 and they rang the repair center who said the phone had that many problems it should have been replaced with a new referbished. so any way o2 cs said they would send one out and to have this one sat ready so we did that got new one and it wouldnt turn on so anouther call to o2 and the advisor said it had been checked and updated to the latest firmwhare and couldnt understand why it was sent out faulty. any way they replaced it for the htc one x pluss.

im questening the reliabilty of the repair center and also wether they just sent my phone with any mother bord out hoping for the best. aparently there is photos being sent with the phone im going to get a engineers report done on it etc.

has any one else sufferd simula with phones from o2 and also is there any other advice any one can give me.

im not going to let this drop as i clearly belive im in the right here

Hi

The first thing I would be asking o2 for would be a full report on the Reconditioned Phone as to exactly what was reconditioned and where this took place and the technicians report before you were provided with this phone as a replacement.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group