HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been paying an old, 7 year old debt at time, debt to HFO Services. They used underhand tactics to contact me.

I have been paying it on time since late 2010.

Recently I wondered exactly how much I had paid.

I sent HFO's parent company an email requesting all info held in my name.

I called my bank and the number they have for hfo is false.

I cannot get in contact with them.

I've contacted the OFT and FSA.

This debt was timed out and they used dodgy tactics to get me calling them.

What can I do?

Can I cancel payments since I've tried to contact them?

hi SB.

is this debt on your CRA file

see below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You’d need to contact Turnbull Rutherford, which actually runs HFO Services. Easy to find, in Chiswick.

Are you saying that the debt was seven years old when you started to pay it again?

What were the underhand tactics?

HFO Services apparently made all its staff redundant last year, and its owner, HFO (UK) Holdings Ltd is in administration.

You should have had two annual statements.How did you make contact with the OFT, have you had any reply?Who was the original creditor?

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

When I started paying the debt, it was around 6 years+ old. It was an old Barclaycard debt from then.

They sent a card for me to call a number for an undelivered package. When I called, stupidly, the said they could send bailiffs (sheriffs officers) I stated I knew they couldn't. I eventually agreed to start paying half the debt.

Since then I've been paying it but now cannot get a hold of them for a balance. I've sent an email to Turnbull Rutherford for my files. They haven't got back.

If they are in administration, do I need to pay?

How do I find out how much I'm paying?

By around 6+ years old, do you mean you had not paid anything nor acknowledged the debt for 6+ years? If so, stop paying now, as you cannot un-statute bar a statute-barred debt!

Was it the First Direct Logistics calling card? From 2007?

If you’ve had no statements etc, as mentioned above, then we need to dig deeper and cause some serious problems for this disgusting pile of shysters.

opps cash cowed!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with above. Certainly stop all payment

Have you checked your credit files as suggested to see if it shows up on there?

Worth a call to Barclaycard to ask them exactly when last payment was made and also ask exactly who they sold this to and when - Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Yes I live in Scotland. I've never had a balance in 3 years. The name of the company who sent the card, I'm sure, is owned by the same person. I called the bank, they say it is on my account but when they pass me a number it's not connected etc.

ill go ahead and cancel it I think but I have a feeling I've overpaid them now, how do I find this out?

Their practice all seems underhand.

The debt was over 5 years and never got in contact with me. I never acknowledged it when it did, until they sent card. I was actually in supported accommodation when they called back and threatened to blacklist and/or send sheriffs officers to the place.

I would call Barclaycard and try and find out about this - including what the balance was when the account was sold.

HFO should have been sending you statements. Have you kept any of the original correspondence from HFO? They probably added a shed load of 'interest' to the original amount.

I would advise a strongly worded letter to TR demanding full details of all payments made to their 'client'

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I was reading the other post. I know HFO Holdings were in administration but now seem to have re-registered. If this is a new company I have never gave any details to a new company so how could they get my account details etc?

No, they are still in administration.

Call Barclaycard and get the facts first.

Get:

– date of last payment & how much

– date default registered with CRAs

– date default notice issued

– date sold

– exactly who sold to

– balance at sale date

I feel an OFT complaint coming on...

Think its important to push this, you may not be aware but the OFT are minded to revoke HFO Capitals licence, this licence actually expires as of next month, HFO Services have been without a licence since September 2009, the OFT are minded to refuse them a new one.You should also not pay them a penny more, they will send a few threatening letters, but I very much doubt they would start any legal action and if they do you know where to come for help.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.