Credit Resolution Services - Where do I stand?

Duckers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

In 2009 I got a 12 month membership at my local gym, however because I soon was made unemployed I couldn't keep up the monthly payments of £28 and so the outstanding balance of £325 was passed to CRS. I then set up a £10 a month direct debit payment with them for which these highway men put an additional bunch of charges on which the outstanding balance then became £627!

Now to the present time I have been paying these direct debits of £10 regularly each month however last month my bank delayed the direct debit to a day when there wasn't enough money in my account to cover the direct debit. I then got a nice letter from CRS saying they were putting an additional £25 admin charge and will reschedule that months direct debit for £35. Now I refuse to pay that as I cannot see how they can justify such a charge considering how much the bumped the balance on the debt up anyway so cancelled the direct debit.

My question is this. the orignal debt was £325 and I have now paid CRS a total of £320 which is nearly what the original debt was. Where do I stand by just paying them the £5 and then telling them where to stick the additional amount of money they bumped on the original debt?

Thank you in advance!

Duckers

go for it, what they going to do take you to court for their nefarious charges, doubtful, alternatively send them a letter and demand that they supply a statement of accounts and then get them to "explain" the added charges, see what pathetic excuse they come up with. and Cancel that Direct debit

Ok thank you thats just the good news I wanted. The direct debit is already cancelled so that's not a problem. Is there a link anywhere for a template for such a letter and would I be wise settling the last £5 with a postal order with the letter and sending it recorded delivery?

Duckers

Yes go ahead and send the last £5 but make it clear that you accept no liability of the added charges, no doubt though imo they will pursue them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

And once you have paid the final £5, you MUST ensure that even though you cancel your DD with the bank, that under no circumstances are they to allow CRS to take any more money from your account.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!