• Tweets

• Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
    • well post it here as a text in a the msg reply half of it is blanked out. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Steve_n -V- HSBC

steve_n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, after reading thread after thread I have complied my letter, all ready to post next Monday (recorded of course) to start my attempt to reclsaim almost £3,300 in charges and interest.

I started a week or so ago with arequest for information under the Data Protection Act, the the good old bank, well it's computer kindly churned out no less that 43 seperate letters of nice crisp duplicate statements (god knows what postie thought) and not a mention of any charges for that sackful.

I few hours deciphering and I was gob smacked at just how much thay had gleaned from me !!

I'm very nervous of the possible bully boy tactics I may unleash care of the HSBC 'henchmen' (closing my account etc after over 25 years), but what the hell, £3k is a lot of dosh to mish out on. I will certainly keep the forum posted on my progress.

03/10/06 request for all charges info under data protection act

13/10/06 43 envelopes of copy statements arrive FOC !!

16/10/06 prelim claim posted - recorded delivery

18/10/06 prelim confirmed delivered per trackback

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

closing my account etc after over 25 years

Make sure you don't make the mistake made by lots of others on here - as your account was opened before 1995 you should not use the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 in your claim, if it gets to that stage. Apparently amendments are underway to the user guides on this site but until then just thought I'd make you aware of it!

Hi Bong,

Thanks for the advice - I'm new to this, only found this site via a link from Best credit cards, cheap mortgages, personal loans, savings accounts, house & car insurance - The Motley Fool UK - been reading threads ever since (anyone got any advice on dealing with the possible divorce due to being on the PC too much LOL)

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hi,

I have sent my prelim letter using the template, recored, received by 'them' on 16th Oct (early days yet I know) just reading up on the next stage - sending my LBA !

What are the implications of adding these para's per your template for an account opened in 1981 ?? :confused:

"I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notic"

"Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department"

Any help or advice greatly appreciated !

p.s great site, can we tackle fuel, council tax, and BACS clearing bank consnext ?? LOL ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my claim

Have posted my LBA - HSBC received this last Thurs (2/11) and have heard absolutely nothing so far

Is this normal ?

Update on my claim

Have posted my LBA - HSBC received this last Thurs (2/11) and have heard absolutely nothing so far

Is this normal ?

Yes 'fraid so!

You probably wont hear anything up until MCOl stage... but if you do, don't feel honoured... as it will be a generic letter everyone gets!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have submitted my MCOL claim - gulp :o

as far as I understand the bank now has 14 days to acknowledge (hope they don't :D )

If they do, they get another 14 days to pay up of defend ??

Are they working or calendar days ???? :confused:

Thanks, what a BRILLIANT site this is !!!!:cool:

Hi Lateralus,

Great that's the shorter of the two options then ( iknow, patience, patience)

But I'm wearing the door mat out with all the letter box checking LOL

Haveing read 100's of posts in here now, it seems that the bank may submit a defence, although not 100%, are there any threads that sugest what to do next if they go down that route. I'm just trying to stay one step ahead.

I'm no legal buff, and just feeling the usual paranioa ?

Yep, you were dead right, not a squeak - MCOL posted now !! :o

(I have this vision of the HSBC mailroom - full to the ceiling with letters and claims) :D

Royal Mail's profits must be doing well LOL :D :D

hi steve, even if they defend - it doesn't mean it will go to court. it just buys them extra time and really, i've read loads of threads and only a couple seem to have got to an actual court date - and even those will probably be settled before it gets to that. i stand by the timetable i put on david's thread. but to clarify - if it gets right up to the 28th day, you try to press the judgment button - but mostly you can't as they will have filed a defense on the last day. at that point, two things are going on simultaneously: you are dealing with dg, probably sent a breakdown at their request, then been given a lower offer, you reject and they will mostly likely offer 100%, you accept and when you have the money, you cease your claim with the court. at the same time, they file a defense to get more time, you will be sent by the court a change of venue to your local court, a copy of their "defense" (just piddle - it's always the same thing) and an allocation questionaire. there will be a deadline given when the aq has to be filed - my advice is don't file it until the last minute but if you do, remember to add the £100 fee on to your claim. it also gives you a little clout - to say to dg that you will be filing your aq shortly and it will mean even more money on your claim. and at the risk of repeating myself - this is absolutely the worst part - after you've filed, waiting to hear from dg (once you have heard the first offer, you are home free, else why would they offer anything if "they felt they would win in court" which is what they always say. just take up knitting or sudokus or something to kill another couple of days. third week of the mcol - breakdown request.

keep us posted.

• Haha 1

Hi Laterus,

Thanks for the very helpful advice and support - much appreciated. I agree it's very much a waiting game . . . patience-patience-patience arrggghhhhhhhh LOL

Hi Abba,

Thank you muchly !

All the best luck to you too :)

I just can't help feeling that I'm taking on the KGB or similar by trying to sue my bank - the OH thinks I've gone bonkers and is already baking a cake with a file inside :eek:

POO . . . The bank has acknowledged my MCOL claim :mad: they have until 15/12 to respond !!

oh well here goes, better start digging the trenches, filling the sand bags etc LOL

Dear all,

Boo Hoo - they only blinking acknowledged - all well, there goes my hope of a sneaky win by default . . . 28 day clocks now ticking . . . arrggghhhhh the wait is KILLING me !!

Steve

Ah they take away all the fun when they acknowledge like that!

Babs x

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

LOL . . you call this fun ?

Jumping out of an airplane, sticking your fingers in a socket, walking slowly up the fast lane of the M1 would ALL be more fun than THIS :D :D

Apart from 'chatting' to ALL you lovely folk of course - now THAT'S mega F.U.N.

LOl Steve, I meant the fun of doing them for judgement you loon!

Good lord, this is sooooooo not fun!

Aside from the aforementioned banter of course!

Babs x

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

LOL :rolleyes:

I know, you and me together - pair of loons I think, just been in chat for last hour - mad totally mad in there :-o

steve x :)

Hey Steve, I know exactly how you feel about being nervous. A few months ago, I had heard of people claiming their bank charges back and was 100% sceptical. But now after reading these forums intensively I'm sooooo confident that I'm gonna take them to the cleaners. So should you be!

I know you're disappointed that they acknowledged, but at least it is another step along the correct path. And at least you know you've done everything right and they are in receipt of your claim.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Hi Abba,

Yes I suppose I have some comfort in that, I was so hoping they would 'overlook' my MCOL and then I'd sneakly win by defaut lol

Thanks for the wishes, and I'll certainly keep the forum updated.

I just know they will enter a defence, so am already pre-armed with my response - it's certainly a waiting 'game' and it's killing LOL

Cheers, Steve.

Steve, as they have now acknowledged, you should have been sent the details of D&G solicitors (or you will be). It may be worth sending them a breakdown of the charges, as often they will reques this again as a stalling tactic. I was also advised to send a copy to the court in Northampton to go on my court file, so I did. It might be worth doing this, it can't do any harm.

• Haha 1

Hi Abba,

I have already sent a 'schedule of charges' to the court, I did this as soon as the claim was issued :D

As far as sending a copy to D&G, I certainley will, but 'officially' I don't know about D&G 'yet' as soon as I do, i.e. I get a letter from them I will send it !!! ;)

Thanks for the help, good luck with your plight !!

Steve