Appeal granted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just before Xmas I received a parking charge notice from a private car parking company accusing me of overstaying at a car park in Leeds. They waited around 6 weeks before sending me the penalty notice letter obviously in the hope that I had thrown the ticket away in the meantime. Fortunately I still had the ticket ( useful tip 1-- don't clean out the car too often) and I sent them a photocopy of it. Appeal granted no further action. It would appear that they carried out quite a bit of letter writing at this particular car park during Nov/Dec.

It occurred to me that the best way to deal with these companies is to send them a letter of appeal but stating that if the appeal fails could they send you a verification code as you will be appealing their decision to POPLA. This appeal will cost them around £30 and is binding on the car park company but not on you. That is then the time to ignore them, when you've cost them a bit more money.

Is the car park linked to any shops/supermarket if so

make a formal complaint to the shop

time to turn things around if everyone done so private parking will become a thing of the past

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Just before Xmas I received a parking charge notice from a private car parking company accusing me of overstaying at a car park in Leeds. They waited around 6 weeks before sending me the penalty notice letter obviously in the hope that I had thrown the ticket away in the meantime. Fortunately I still had the ticket ( useful tip 1-- don't clean out the car too often) and I sent them a photocopy of it. Appeal granted no further action. It would appear that they carried out quite a bit of letter writing at this particular car park during Nov/Dec.

It occurred to me that the best way to deal with these companies is to send them a letter of appeal but stating that if the appeal fails could they send you a verification code as you will be appealing their decision to POPLA. This appeal will cost them around £30 and is binding on the car park company but not on you. That is then the time to ignore them, when you've cost them a bit more money.

This is NOT a penalty!