• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The court will allocate which track your case will go. Also the directions of the case will now come from the court . Could be a long wait . My AQ was lodged with the court over 6 weeks ago, and i am still waiting for a response from the court. Rang a few times , but told they are snowed under with bank charege claims.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Was the £100 for the court fee?

As far as I know the next thing is for the bank to set a hearing date. I don't think you need to do anything else yet. But I'm sure someone will post a more detailed response to your Q soon. :)

Brunette31 start your own thread so your progress is in one place which is helpful to your readers. I am at the same stage as you and hopefully we will not have too long to wait for that lovely money. :D On past form NatWest should fold fairly soon 'cos they know they can't afford to answer any queries in court. The courts set a hearing date (if it gets that far) and having your own thread you may find especially useful if you have to put a court bundle together. The 'Step-by-Step Instructions' will tell you more than I can as this is new to me too. All the best, Sally

Just checking in. I have another claim to pursue and thought I'd start doing it now.

My golf has been crap (though I won something a couple of weeks ago, by 7 shots - coz I didn't realise I was leading and therefore didn't have my customary collapse over the last three holes!) the last few days so I might as well find something else to do with my days....

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Well a big welcome back from your retirement again.;) Your input is always welcome Westie.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Just checking in. I have another claim to pursue and thought I'd start doing it now.

My golf has been crap (though I won something a couple of weeks ago, by 7 shots - coz I didn't realise I was leading and therefore didn't have my customary collapse over the last three holes!) the last few days so I might as well find something else to do with my days....

W

Good luck ... I see the dead leprechaun (sp?) is back ... Bill will be pleased ;)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Hi Westy:)

Thats right !

Come back now you've spent a wedge and played silly amounts of golf:D

All jokes aside,it really is good to have you back with us Westy.

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Well, Sally, the vibes didn't work coz my golf was rubbish!

Luckily, the guy I was playing with was even worse, so at least I didn't have to pay for the consoling drinks afterwards.

But what a miserable old s*d he turned out to be.:rolleyes:

Westy

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Hey Westy!!

:)

Glad to see your back!!!

Speak soon

Trish xx

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

And i have your thread open, Trish, while I try to plough through their defence, in between making calls to America...

Westy

Bless ya!!!!

Thanx soooo much as always !!!:)

Txx

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Guest willowb

I didn't think you had to be good at golf....just turning up is the main thing!:D

Hello sweetie:)

Wxxx

Well blow me down - you have a harem!!!! My good vibes were 'cos I miss your witty conversation. Sorry about the golf. We have a good course that is used sometimes here in Brum. What is it called? Oh yes, the belfrey, you may have heard of it......

Can I be cheeky and ask a question? (I'm half Irish after all.) I am due to submit my AQ by easter. B'ham courts have started something new I believe. They have asked if I am willing to go to mediation to save court time. I have no objection. Do you agree with me that I have nothing to lose by 'phoning and telling natwest I will confirm I am willing to go down this road but do they want to reach agreement with me to save court time? I'm sure this sentence has been all round the Wrekin but I have had 2 glasses of wine to relax me after an extremely busy but satisfying day at work. Roll on easter......... Many thanks in advance. Your only Sally

Sally

It seems to me you have everything to loose and nothing to gain.

If the bank have entered into serious negotiations prior to issuing your claim then go for it.

If you have seen pigs flying then this may be the case, if not then i would refuse, if the court need a reason why then point them to the facts and highlight the number of claims being processed by the bank.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

And i have your thread open, Trish, while I try to plough through their defence, in between making calls to America...

The wonderer returns:D:D:D

I for one haven't missed you in the slightest.........just a tad more, me thinks:p

Good to hear from you. I haven't been round much myself lately, kids poorly AGAIN:roll:

Just checkin' in to see how everyone is doing a low and behold, the almighty has returned!!!!!

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

HELP!

Congratulations on your lottery win westy!

Hi all, god these threads are addictive, have been at work since 7.30 and not been off this site yet!!

Can anyone help? I have been posting on Moneysavingexpert since the start of my claim and now someone gave me this link for help, what nice people!

Well I started my claim back in October and I am still waiting, I received a order of judgement to reply to Cobbets CRP18 which I did and also attached my own further request for information, much the same as everyone else, I gave them until 23rd March to answer and of course have heard ZILCH!! Can anyone suggest what I do next? Do I write to the court, if so what do I say?

Fellow claimaints help!

Isimpson,

First thing is to start your own thread then everyone can see where you are and give help accordingly.Try ringing the court and see what is going on. This might also help you . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526. Good luck.