barclaycard debt sold to Lowell - chasing BC debt

Hacked_Off
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Getting really hacked off with this now. I asked Barclaysharks for copies of all letters, and in particular letters from/to Belmont Thornton about the ppi claim. They said I would have them within ten days. A month later I receive a parcel from them " thank you for requesting copies if your statements" they've already sent statements!!!!

How is it possible for an organisation such as Barclays to so utterly incompetent?

They also said I would receive a response to my penalty charges claim "within a week" two weeks ago!!!

Looks like small claims is in the cards clearly trying to be reasonable with these clowns gets you nowhere grrrr

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the above have been copied in on every single email I have sent for months along with a few others. But they still make mistakes/are incompetent. One even put in writing "to be honest I haven't got a clue"!!!!!

Ps the David walker one doesn't work anymore

Edited by Hacked_Off

Miracles do happen! Oh wait, they only happen in the financial industry..

Click on the link below..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?114-How-do-I-post-my-story-on-the-Consumer-Action-Group-forum

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Letter from sharklays today :

Thank you for contacting us about the charges on your account. I am sorry you feel the charges incurred are unfair.

In have looked into your complaint carefully and have ton inform you that any charges incurred were made correctly and in accordance with our terms and conditions that customers agree to when they take out one of our credit cards. On that basis I must inform you that I cannot uphold your complaint.

We are satisfied that our charges of £12 are in line with out actual and estimated costs which are incurred and comply with relevant legislation and guidance.

Yada yada

She can't have looked at the account that. Carefully because the majority of the charges were £24, not £12!

Had a copy of the letters finally. However, they have not included a copy of the original default notice. Amin correct on thinking, seeing as I never received one to begin with, and a copy doesn't appear to exist now, I can challenge the default on my file which has been taken over by lowells? Would it be Barclays or Lowell or both I go for?

Hi Hacked Off,

As Default Notices are not routinely kept as hard copies a note is made on the debtors file stating that a DN was sent on a specific date, and that is all they would have to state if challenged, ''the record shows a DN was sent on xx xx xxxx''.

You would challenge the original creditor if anyone.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

A set aside is for court judgements, not defaults.

Barclays, but as said all the need to state that a DN

was issued.

Address letter to the Compliance Manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't think so no. What does the DN say?

Failure to rectify this by dd/mm/yyyy will result in us informing credit ref agencies yadda yadda yadda?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It doesn't give a specific date just " you must make the minimum payment by the date shown in your monthly statement" by this point I wasn't receiving monthly statements. This is also the first I've seen of this dn as it went to the wrong address.

Then the DN is faulty and not worth the paper it's written on.

You would need to take it up with the CRA and advise them that you believe the default date is incorrect, they will then get onto lowlifes on your behalf and ask them.

Mercers is Sharklaycard.

As for lowlifes :roll:

Was this default on their at a previous date?