style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LRGIg.png

@Brassnecked this says it all really they're not willing to give their office details etc on the Whois Records. These records should show: Address, Telephone Number, Business Type etc....

Technically a "For Profit" company cannot mask the WHOIS, but by registering the domain as personal, they can get round it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather odd situation regarding the name...I will be making enquiries today ??

In October 2011 Serco acquired Philips Collection Service Ltd.

According to Companies House on 7th December 2012 a new company was formed called Collectica Ltd and the name was changed on 27th December to.......Philips Collection Services Ltd???

Confused as to why there is a website fr Collectica Ltd and most worrying is that the HMCS Contract for unpaid fine enforcement ( a copy of which I have under an FOI Request) is in the name of: Philips Collections Services Ltd.

Maybe any easy explanation....

emails are about to be sent.....

I don't see how they can change business names instantly but if we done it hell would break loose!

Also when you go to pay online on their new website they still have the old Philips system with the Philips logo.

The logos of government departments are subject to Crown Copyright. It is an offence to use any official logo, mark or other symbol without permission. Marston Group were caught doing this in the Devon & Cornwall area, putting together threat-o-grams using the old HMCTS logo and Devon & Cornwall Police logo to give it credibility and then pushing them through people's doors before scuttling off before the person could challenge them. When HMCTS and D& CP were questioned about this, they knew nothing about the threat-o-grams, nor had they authorised Marston Group to do so. I have heard of no further instances of this occurring since. So I can only surmise HMCTS and D & CP gave Marston Group a rocket over it.

As for this Collectica website, I would advise reporting the matter to the ASA and also speak to Companies House. I am sure the Registrar of Companies would be very interested in hearing about what sounds like breaches of Company Law taking place.

They still can't register it as personal as they're an LTD registered company. There for they have to display as a business.

No they can't legally Dylan, what they do is someone registers the domain as a personal Registrant, possibly one of the directors or office boy/girl, they opt out of the WHOIS, as personal and put the site up on it. seen it in the wild quite often.

Probably, as they are Certificated Baiiffs they reckon they are above the law, or even like Dredd himself think they ARE The Law! they collect for the Ceown aka HMCS so ib their book the end justifies the means, and if they act fraudulently, as it is for the system it's ok for them to do it. Arrogant nomarks they are.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Are we reading too much into this ? I would like to think that due to bad publicity ALL bailiff

companies have been getting they want to appear more touchy feeley, customer focused. A brand

new glossy website isn' t going to help. A leopard can 't change its spots. Phone them up and see ,

go through the select 1 for or select2 for ect and hold on for ten minutes so we can make money from your phone call. Press the button I cannot pay and they pick up immediately, ha ha. .Not as bad as

Barstons in the customer relations stakes though. Keep up the pressure guys, the bailiff companies

certainly wont

Are we reading too much into this ? I would like to think that due to bad publicity ALL bailiff

companies have been getting they want to appear more touchy feeley, customer focused. A brand

new glossy website isn' t going to help. A leopard can 't change its spots. Phone them up and see ,

go through the select 1 for or select2 for ect and hold on for ten minutes so we can make money from your phone call. Press the button I cannot pay and they pick up immediately, ha ha. .Not as bad as

Barstons in the customer relations stakes though. Keep up the pressure guys, the bailiff companies

certainly wont

Do a say noto 0870 search, and ring any number there

LRGIg.png

@Brassnecked this says it all really they're not willing to give their office details etc on the Whois Records. These records should show: Address, Telephone Number, Business Type etc....

And it's hosted in the UK with Webfusion Internet Solutions.

It is easy enough to find Collectica's office though - I wonder WHY, on their website, they only have a PO Box number that is the other side of the country to where their office actually is, at least their registered office:

Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UY United Kingdom

Trying to keep their affiliation to Serco quiet perhaps?

More importantly, don't they require an OFT debt collection licence? If so, there is no licence number on the site that I can see.

Also, Companies House seem to think they are a "business support service" that doesn't seem the right title for bailiffs/debt collection.

Their Geographic number is

01325 383876

Switchboard is

01325 384394 & 01325 387400

Fax Number is:

01325 383887

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An intriguing thing I have found is that Timothy Charles Lawlor one of the new Directors of Collectia is a member of the peerage,

http://www.thepeerage.com/p34831.htm

I bet that will certainly help get in the contracts, half the guys signing them on central and local authority's behalf will know Timmy from "down the club"

Chap lives in Guildford anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An intriguing thing I have found is that Timothy Charles Lawlor one of the new Directors of Collectia is a member of the peerage,

http://www.thepeerage.com/p34831.htm

I bet that will certainly help get in the contracts, half the guys signing them on central and local authority's behalf will know Timmy from "down the club"

Chap lives in Guildford anyway.

Jobs for the boys old chap!

I'll be reporting these.

Also I read Trading Standards weren't happy with the Philip logo somewhere but can't remember where.

Thanks guys :)

Also on there website it has no call out fee? This could get interesting lol.

Edited by Dylan/

I'll be reporting these.

Also I read Trading Standards weren't happy with the Philip logo somewhere but can't remember where.

Thanks guys :)

Also on there website it has no call out fee? This could get interesting lol.

they will have preloaded it already before they call....

What do you mean who brought it? Also the courts are trying to avoid my questions so I've made it clear I want to make a complaint.

If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of Philips, refer this to the Regional HMCTS Contracts Manager. In respect of the courts being evasive and there is reasonable cause to suspect the courts have fouled-up or have not been compliant with the law, this should be referred to the Ministry of Justice asap.

The WHOIS looks fine for me

Domain name:

collectica.co.uk

Registrant:

Collectica Limited

Registrant type:

UK Limited Company, (Company number: 3517395)

Registrant's address:

Strelley Hall

Nottingham

Nottinghamshire

NG8 6PE

United Kingdom

Registrar:

Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG]

URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 28-Nov-2012

Expiry date: 28-Nov-2014

Last updated: 14-Dec-2012

Registration status:

Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:

ns.123-reg.co.uk

ns2.123-reg.co.uk

A nice chestnut like this?

"

I no longer own the vehicle this debt relates to?

If it is a HMCTS fine you would still need to pay the fine regardless of whether you still owned the vehicle or not. Call our contact centre for details."

If it is a HMCTS fine you would still need to pay the fine regardless of whether you still owned the vehicle or not. Call our contact centre for details

Not if it was incurred after the vehicle had been sold, and DVLA had been informed,

this is correct, this is regarding a magistrates court fine, (HMCTS)

not a parking ticket, which is where your going with the statement

this is correct, this is regarding a magistrates court fine, (HMCTS)

not a parking ticket, which is where your going with the statement

No iI am not, where I am going is that the fine was gained by the new keeper, and the old owner had signed and dated the info and sent it to DVLA, so were no longer responsible for the motor, at the time of the offence. Also if they came knocking on my door for a fine aquired by a previous occupant, the bailiff would be through the gate with the cat clawing their legs to shreds if they argued with the proof I provided.

If indeed the fine was gained before a sale or transfer then you would be correct

I have had several instances of this at various times at previous addresses I have lived at.