Disabled? Do you have a Motability car? MUST read, sneaky changes to criteria!

Crazy Diamond
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, it's not that benefits are too high, it's wages that are too low. Living on NMW in London for example is near on impossible without benefit top ups, as quoted elsewhere if the NMW had gone up in line with executive pay it would be more like £18 per hour instead of a paltry £6.19.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned in another thread, I don't understand the point of tax credits. If you're disabled and can only work 16 hours a week, then fair enough. But I don't understand why, for example, someone on £20k pays tax and then gets child tax credit for being on a low income? They should bring back tax allowances instead.

Going back to PIP - I won't be surprised if it fails, there's lots of appeals, etc. PIP makes no sense - there's nothing about night time care needs or supervision. As a child, I would have seizures and vomit at that. That can be dangerous.

]Many people[/b] have said in general that genuine people have nothing to worry about. Yet' date=' they want 500,00 people off DLA. I find it hard to believe that 500,000 are cheating the system.[/quote']

You mean government apologists and people who are not affected by it so have no idea what they're talking about? :-(

Unfortunately it's not about the genuine and the cheating, it's about redefining 'genuine'.

Yep, just like they are re-defining poverty, it won't make people any less poor, it just will enable the government to say that under their "reforms", poverty reduced drastically.

It's kinda off topic here, but one thing I do agree with IDS about is that Tax Credits have created dependency. There is now a whole class of employers who are dependent on the government to pay their staff a living wage. For too long these shysters have assumed that they don't actually have to offer proper wages, knowing that the government will pick up the tab.

This is a problem, and these scrounging employers should not be allowed to have their staff costs picked up by the taxpayer. If they can't afford to pay the wages demanded by the sacred Free Market, they should not be in business, and the government should not be assisting them.

Tried to give you some rep for that, but have already given you some not long ago so it won't let me, but this post should be highlighted because it is so spot on!

You mean government apologists and people who are not affected by it so have no idea what they're talking about? :-(

Yes. Those of us affected by this think differently. I know people who will lose out under PIP. Their needs haven't changed and they are genuine.

Many people have said in general that genuine people have nothing to worry about. Yet, they want 500,00 people off DLA. I find it hard to believe that 500,000 are cheating the system.

i believe the whole thing needs a shake up .. too many people inc family member have been abusing this system far too long and had many flash cars in past years BMW MERCs soft tops .. should diabled mean disabled ????

if you can write large paragraphs on here all the time get to work !!! like others , i had my legs blown off , stop whinging , get on with it

i believe the whole thing needs a shake up .. too many people inc family member have been abusing this system far too long and had many flash cars in past years BMW MERCs soft tops .. should diabled mean disabled ????

if you can write large paragraphs on here all the time get to work !!! like others , i had my legs blown off , stop whinging , get on with it

Oh hello, troll attack... What's the matter, didn't get breastfed, need the attention? :lol:

Don't feed the troll!

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop