AEJ Management Ltd - parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Scouse Magic

Thanks for response. I have perused some of the threads, but honestly cannot make clear sense of it all and how it relates to me.

These are my questions - thank you in advance if you are able to reply:

1.How can I be sure AEJ do not own the land?

2.How can I find out who does own the land?

3.As long as the owner has authorised AEJ to pursue the debt on their behalf, or sold any legally enforceable debt to AEJ, where does the problem lie? In other words, why is the issue about land ownership rather than debt ownership? If AEJ can prove they own the debt but not the land, does that really prevent them getting judgement? You're saying the notices put up in the car park are AEJ notices - surely there must be some small print in them ( I shall have to look next time!) stating they are acting on behalf of the (named) land owner....in which case, they've got themselves covered (?) as long asd the named land owner properly authorised them to enter into contracts with users of the car park

4. If the vehicle owner was present with the driver, post Oct 12, is the situation any different now?

5. Presumably too late to appeal to POPLA now? If we did not appeal/ haven't appealed, does that make it harder to defend county court action? Is that a route we should properly have exhausted first?

6.Is this a good legal point: I did initially go online , intending to appeal ( on basis there were no parking bays available on date in question therefore no alternative but to park in a spot not causing obstruction to anyone else) ....but reason Id id not apepal was that I was being invited to first sign a contract to say I woudl be liable for any debt found to be due....I thought that was unfair so did not proceed to register my appeal.

Finally, have received this letter:

"You have recently been written to by our solicitors Graham White.

As this matter has not been resolved and no payment has been made, the account has been referred back to me to consider the suitability of legal action for this account. Before commencing such action I have been isntructed by our client to give you one final opportunity to settle this matetr and I have been authorised to accept a lesser sum providing payment is made within the next 14 days. Please contact immediately on 01932 332048 to confirm what this amount may be and to make arrangments for the subsequent payment. Please do not ignore this letter - it is in your best interests to clear your liability."

Hello again, Firstly, how dare they say you are liable ! secondly the fact that they have offered you a reduced amount means that their case is flawed....Im assuming that AEJ dont own the land as this is a retail park that invites shoppers to spend money, however AEJ may be employed for parking enforcement.. As a shopper you had nowhere to park or the driver did not. Double yellow lines or anything else means nothing as it is not part of the Road Traffic Act as it is private land.

Where Roxburghe are concerned, they are on very dodgy ground with the OFT and Michael Sobell is well known to the courts for being a vexatitious litigant.

It can be said that the best advice is to ignore any correspondence,which we believe you have done so far, and in that respect we agree with the site team that you should carry on doing so.

The fact that you are now being invited by the landowner, (the client), it seems they are desperate and willing to accept any sum you may choose to offer them....Now you can choose to ignore or you can offer as a goodwill gesture, without predjudice, payment of the actual loss suffered by the landowner eg. £2.00.

However, if you receive geniune court papers or indeed a letter before claim from Sobell, you must contact us and we will help with your defence and counterclaim as were sure others on this site will also.

Google..... VCS Vs Ibbotson and HMRC vs VCS and read well, also maybe East Kent Hospitals V Fagan 2013 (Liability).

Very good luck to you and keep us all posted.

• 2 months later...

they not run out of photo copied letterheads yet then!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep

dx

and they

I have ignored several PPC tickets and played with others, the only time you MUST act is if you receive official, stamped court papers, then all you need to do is enter the defense and sit back and wait for them to withdraw quicker than a teenager who couldn't find a condom.

• 1 year later...

Just to confirm - nothing happened in the end! It went away, never heard anything further. Thanks to the help I got here, I stood my ground and ignored them when they tried to get tough - they even got my email address and telephone numbers!

THANK YOU

just to remind people

the rules have changed now

and new speculative invoices should not be ignored

and they