style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Was very surprised when I checked my email just now. The council emailed me back and they called Swift first thing this morning and told them to reset my arrangement. They haven't asked for a doctors note either which I'm glad of. Waiting for Swift to email me to confirm the arrangement .

I am wondering thou if they will ask for the arrears to be paid before they reset arrangement?

Can they do this if the council have told them t reset it?

Hi guys,

Was very surprised when I checked my email just now. The council emailed me back and they called Swift first thing this morning and told them to reset my arrangement. They haven't asked for a doctors note either which I'm glad of. Waiting for Swift to email me to confirm the arrangement .

I am wondering thou if they will ask for the arrears to be paid before they reset arrangement?

Can they do this if the council have told them t reset it?

Looks like council don't understand the rules but they do make things up as they go along

You do not need to make any arrangements with the bailiffs cut them out

any payment direct to the council

Contact your local MP bailiff action is not appropriate

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I dont believe any baliff action will be taken now. The fact that my account arrangement has been reset tells me that I get to start again so to speak. The lady from the council also managed to get my payments reduced to £50 per month.

I know before when I struggled with payment the council reset my arrangement and no action was taken, I just had a couple of weeks breathing space then started paying at the date they set.

Do you think baliffs will still come to my house tgen even tho the council has had them to reset my account?

Hi

Yhe council may have reset the amounts but does this mean you will still be paying the ballifs or direct to the council??

DO NOT pay the ballif co or have any more contact with them, if they email them again just tell them you are paying diect to the council. If the turn up DO NOT open the door or let them in, just tell them you are paying direct to the council.

Pay the agreed amounts direct to the council you can do this via automated payment on the phone or online if you need to.

The council have to accept your payments and while it is being paid they will not chase the baliffs to chase you...

Even if you are not vunerable you still do not need to deal with baliffs for this issue JUST DEAL DIRECT TO COUNCIL.

Nutz x

The annoying thing is I could afford to pay all the debt outstanding, but not til the 10th of Dec
Well, since Swifts haven't made a visit you can make the first payment direct to the council, (assuming it's due before the 10th.), and then pay it all off to the council which leaves you owing nothing to the bailiffs.:wink:

Aw what a shame,:violin: the bum bailiff forgot to call. Thought they could make their money via email.:ohwell:

Illegitimi non carborundum