style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just emailed rds,stating that im not refusing to pay,but I am dealing with council.and that im lodging a formal complaint about them putting van fee and levy fee on same day,especially that no levy has been made and I havent signed anything,ever,from rds.ive also emailed council,informing them of this and,of how to pay this debt.....hopefully il hear something b4 bailiff comes back!!

The council will only reply and tell you to 'deal with the bailiffs' ..you have to take the bull by the horns and work out what you can reasonably afford to pay on a weekly/fortnightly/monthly basis then make that payment on exactly the same day/date, this will build up a history to show you are not a 'won't pay' and in fact making effort to pay. Please be careful when you make those payments..we have had many a cagger who has paid religiously their set sum every week, then later found they had been paying to the wrong reference number with all payments going to the current CT and the debt for the outstanding CT was still owed???

Forget asking the council for any help and start telling them this is the way you will be paying, there is little to nothing they can do once you start paying other than accept your payments.

WD

I no longer have a ct bill for 2010 so hiw will I get ref no:?

Call the benefits and revenues department and request it. It should also be on the letters that the council have sent in way as reminders, it could well be on any bailiff letters.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.just a quick update... As I wroteto complain to the council and rds about the.confusion over fees added to the account I have today recieved a letter from rds statin 'there was possible issues with the way my account was handles by the council,and the account has now been handed back to them'.....PHEW!!!

BUT...there is still some confusion on my partt as in this letter it states 'our bailiff levied on items inside the property and left a copy of the notice of distress with you'

He never left any such thing.no paperworj at all was left with us!!! What a lie.it also says he levied on a veichile outside the property,and we dont even have a car!!! Do I dispute this with rds?? Or do I just keep schtum and wait for council to get intouch? Surley as the bailiff has lied about leaving paperwork something should be done? Any help plz

if he never got in to the house

he cant levy on stuff inside

he cant levy on vehicles not yours

so eitherway cannot charge those fees NOR van fees

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all.just a quick update... As I wroteto complain to the council and rds about the.confusion over fees added to the account I have today recieved a letter from rds statin 'there was possible issues with the way my account was handles by the council,and the account has now been handed back to them'.....PHEW!!!

BUT...there is still some confusion on my partt as in this letter it states 'our bailiff levied on items inside the property and left a copy of the notice of distress with you' send dossers the Acme letter putting them on strict proof of everything

He never left any such thing.no paperworj at all was left with us!!! What a lie.it also says he levied on a veichile outside the property, again ask dossers for the details of the vehicle, as strangely you don't own one and we dont even have a car!!! Do I dispute this with rds?? Or do I just keep schtum and wait for council to get intouch? Surley as the bailiff has lied about leaving paperwork something should be done? Any help plz

Initiate a second Stage Formal Complaint, if you have sent an initial one in, stating that their agent dossendales has not provided any notice of seizure nor details of a vehicle they claim to have levied, being as you don't own a car.:

Send them the Acme letter below asking for details of what they levied, as you didn't have any notice of seizure put them on strict proof again, and you could mention that any levy on a car is invalid as you don't own one.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme bailifflink3.gif Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

f - a copy of notification of seizure of any goods, chattels or vehicle

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Even if they give you a list it will probably be faulty if it is a generic list, and is not an accurate listing of your specific goods. At which point all and any levy is down the toilet along with the associated fees.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If debt has been handed back without charges added, then I wouldnt complain, they obviously knew that some thing was wrong. They wont admit it though unless you make a song and dance about it.

If charges are added or bailiff tries and gets his charges from you, I would be inclined to start making some noise about it.

This is just my opinion though.

You could wait until the dust settles and then enquire about it. See what they have to say.

As' they have handed the debt back to the council should I not jist stay quiet?

You could, but if the council still insist the fees are payable, it may be better to have a Formal note of what they are charging in writing so their claims can be demolished later, Did he list anything at the time you let him in? You need a copy of whatever goods he has listed at the least, he must by law leave one with you AT THE TIME of any levy.

It's your call, but if they insist the fees are payable on top even though the debt is back in house, it may be worth rattling rossers cage to get the unlawful elements removed,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!