Suspended after problems at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I complained about my supervisor and the manager has done nothing about it until i went to h.r for advise

which resulted in my manger getting an arse kicking,

because of the stress at work i went on the sick

returned to work about a month ago,

then last week i was called into a meeting to tell me i was being suspended pending allegations of claims i was making for overtime payments,

i have a meeting next week which will probably end with dismissal,

on top of all this i was being made redundant in jan 2013 anyway,

it's all a big mess my head battered really worried and scared

can anybody advise me what they think.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Amanda,

Sounds like this could potentially be victimisation due to you submitting a complaint and could also be the company attempting to get rid of you now rather than in January to avoid having to pay you redundancy.

Can you tell us a bit more about the allegations against your overtime claims?

DJ

It is unusual for a company to push you to formalise a grievance. Why didn't you?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

They are going off tunnel pass times saying i didn't work the hours i claimed for. but in my job i couldn't do the amount in the times they're saying i was there, e.g i claimed 5hrs for 50 items and they're saying i was only at work 1.5 hours, this isn't possible,

The company were pushing me because i put the complaint into my manager in july and nothing got done until october, te manager ended up in trouble, all i wanted was for the manager to talk to the supervisor. i didn't want him sacked or anything but the way he speaks and treats people had to be stopped,

Amanda,

Can you prove you were at work during the overtime hours you have claimed for?

One way of proving could be emails you sent during your overtime or files you were working on and saved.

DJ

Don't do emailing but there are work logs, i have said this to them and they said yo don't get paid for piece work, my point was i do 80 systems in a 8 hr shift so for 5hrs it's 50 there is no way i could reduce the time to 1.5hrs and get same work done, if this was possible in overtime you could do it mon to fri

Amanda,

In my opinion this sounds a lot like victimisation because you submitted a grievance and they are trying to get rid of you now and avoid having to pay you redundancy in January.

Do you have a union at your work? If so I suggest you get in touch with them about representation at the investigation meeting next week.

If you don't have a union, I suggest you start thinking about a work colleague to attend the meeting with you. This is a statutory right and the company cannot refuse your having a support person.

DJ

I have got a union rep but he knows absolutely nothing about the company, it gets worse....

When i went on the sick in june with stress due to the supervisor my partner got a phone call from the supervisor saying they were keeping him out of a particular hospital because there was a complaint against him saying he wasn't very helpful, he kept asking when it was going to be dealt with to date this still hasn't been dealt with. if there's an official complaint the company have 3 days to deal with it, then he was suspended same time as me, i strongly believe the manager wants me out because i had an informal grievance with the supervisor and they're taking it out on my partner, he has't worked for the company as long as me only 4 yrs but this shouldn't matter, he's never had a warning etc, always starts work earlier than he should, hardly ever takes his lunch, infact at one point the manager asked him if he would be supervisor as he wanted the supervisor i'm having the trouble with out, all a big mess that's probably going to cost us bot our jobs, home, everything.

Amanda,

Are you saying the same supervisor you complained about called your partner back in June and told him there had been a complaint against him. Nothing was done about this and your partner continued working there until you returned to work from a period of sick leave in October when you were suspended for the overtime allegation and at the same time your partner was suspended for the complaint made back in June?

Leaves the obvious question why did they wait for 4 months to suspend your partner over an alleged complaint made back in June?

DJ

This is probably not going to cost you your jobs, home etc, it may end your employment 3 months earlier than you had thought, but presumabley you were going to look for a new job then, so bring that plan forward.

It is a little confusing to follow with the evvents out of order and opinions sprinkled in with the facts. Could you perhaps do us a simple timeline?

eg Jan 2008 - start with with employer

July 2008 confirm passed probatation

July 2012 recieve "excellent" on apprialsal

August - x happens, witnessed by y. Submit greivance stating I would like x to change to...

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Amanda,

Are you saying the same supervisor you complained about called your partner back in June and told him there had been a complaint against him. Nothing was done about this and your partner continued working there until you returned to work from a period of sick leave in October when you were suspended for the overtime allegation and at the same time your partner was suspended for the complaint made back in June?

Leaves the obvious question why did they wait for 4 months to suspend your partner over an alleged complaint made back in June?

DJ

yes the same supervisor i'm having trouble with rang my partner said been complaint against him in june nothing has been done about that, and he was suspended same time as me in oct for the same allegation as me. they have done nothing about the alleged complaint in june.

i have been looking for a new job since i got told i was being redundant, nothing happening, i'll start wit my employment wit the company

feb 1997 - started with employer

june 1997 passed probation

dec 2007 redundancy due to relocation of manufacturing abroad

march 2008 started with same employer different area

2009 received excellent appraisal

2010 received excellent appraisal

2011 received promotion

march 2012 received excellent appraisal

june 2012 went on sick due to stress at work with supervisor

june 2012 told my manager who said would deal wit it

july 2012 still waiting for manager to deal with issues with supervisor

aug 2012 still waiting for manager to deal with issues contacted H.R who told me to send them an email

manager got nasty with union rep but still didn't deal with my issue. i had meeting for grievance at union office with H.R and my manager via conference call.

sept 2012 i returned to work. had mediation meeting with supervisor and manager also union rep but H.R by conference call

oct 2012 suspended pending allegations of claiming to much overtime. disciplinary next week for gross misconduct

Edited by amanda69

my partner

dec 2009 started employment with company

march 2010 passed probation period

2010 excellent appraisal

2011 excellent appraisal

march 2012 excellent appraisal

june 2012 alleged complaint from hospital for not being helpful( Nothing been done about this to date)

oct 2012 suspended pending allegations of claiming to much overtime. disciplinary next week for gross misconduct

This does not just happen. You are missing bits here.

This does not just happen. You are missing bits here.

I don't understand what your saying i put everything from employment start date to date and that is exactly how it happened, missed nothing out

i have been looking for a new job since i got told i was being redundant, nothing happening, i'll start wit my employment wit the company

feb 1997 - started with employer

june 1997 passed probation

dec 2007 redundancy due to relocation of manufacturing abroad

march 2008 started with same employer different area

2009 received excellent appraisal

2010 received excellent appraisal

2011 received promotion

2011 received excellent appraisal

march 2012 received excellent appraisal

june 2012 told my manager who said would deal wit it

july 2012 still waiting for manager to deal with issues with supervisor

aug 2012 still waiting for manager to deal with issues contacted H.R who told me to send them an email

manager got nasty with union rep but still didn't deal with my issue. i had meeting for grievance at union office with H.R and my manager via conference call.

sept 2012 i returned to work. had mediation meeting with supervisor and manager also union rep but H.R by conference call

my partner

dec 2009 started employment with company

march 2010 passed probation period

2010 excellent appraisal

2011 excellent appraisal

march 2012 excellent appraisal

june 2012 alleged complaint from hospital for not being helpful( Nothing been done about this to date)

there would have been a change of supervisor. or the old supervisor started doing things differently. or you had an argument about something. What hapoened before you went sick that triggered the stress? If you are claiming victimisation the detail here may be important.

no change in supervisor, the same supervisor didn't change his ways until after i went on the sick and after i contacted h.r. when i returned to work he was told to have minimal contact with me until the issues had been dealt with, we had mediation and he agreed with everything i said but the damage was done because the manager should of dealt with it so i didn't have to get h.r involved, in my opinion the manger made it worse by ignoring what was going on. The manager only comes to our depot maybe once a week sometimes doesn't come for weeks on end,

so 2011 to June 2012 you had the same supervisor, nothing changed in their behaviour, and suddenly you were off with stress?

That does not make sense. What actually caused the stress? What behaviour?