style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Scottish Power are demanding half the balance of £1125.70 that I owe or they will come and fit a prepayment meter in my home, with force aparently.

I have already paid them £25.70 and offered them £250 today and said I would pay £300 on 07/11/12 however they have turned around and refused unless I pay them £550. Surely as I am willing to clear the debt quite quickly they would just accept that payment and stop their plans.

They have told me to "be home" on Thursday. But won't tell me what time and we are in work all day.

I live in an apartment block and don't know where our meter is, it is not within the apartment so if they break in the door they would just be causing damage with no purpose.

Please help!:???:

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Edited by maroondevo52
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

we have scottish power onboard here

i have alerted them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have a similar situation myself.

I owe SP £895.00.

They are due to fit pre-payment meters tomorrow(25th Oct).

I have offered to pay £200.00 tomorrow which is my payday but they won't accept this.

They are demanding full payment.

I don't have a problem with the pre payment meters being fitted as it will help me to gain control of my finances again.

I do have a problem with SP though as they have been so unhelpful over the phone.

Two weeks ago I was told that they would attend my property on the 26th.

I opened a letter yesterday to tell me that it would be the 25th.

I am in work tomorrow and cannot get the day off.

I tried to explain to SP who in turn gave me the number for the warrant department.

I have been trying this number all day and haven't been able to get through.

They are only open again at 8.30am in the morning.

I will be at work tomorrow and am terrified as to what I might come home to as I believe that they will force entry to my property.

I totally agree they have been the same with me. However in my case they plan to cut us off as they believe they can't fit a meter as we live in a large apartment block and we don't have access to the meter. They have also said that they will still need access to our apartment to check they have cut us off properly.

I also am working and am not able to be here when they plan to break into my apartment. I think it's appalling.

I plan to speak to the citizens advice bureau tomorrow. I also am going to give Scottish power our correct meter reading as the bills they are trying to claim for our just estimates.

Please let me know if you get anywhere with them as I think as we are offering large sums of money they should hold action. It is out of order. Practically they are making it harder to get their money, as once cut off this will cost us more making it harder to clear the debt.

It is appalling. I will be trying to get through to them at 8.30am to see what they say. Don't think it will do any good though.

Tbh you would think they would accept our offers of payment. It's ridiculous.

It just worries me that if they do break in and have to change locks etc where on earth to we get keys from etc?

I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. Did you get any joy from the SP Company Rep?

No luck from anyone they all just keep saying the same thing over and over. I may have to leave my key with concierge so he can let them in to avoid the locks being changed. I have a stage 3 complaint but they just keep repeating themselves, it's ridiculous. They are saying they want the full balance plus fees to reconnect. This is going to be impossible so I guess I will be left with no electric until the week before Christmas. What makes it even worse is that we use electric for everything including our heating and cooking, so in effect we will have nothing, they have no sympathy what so ever. I think I will approach the obundsman next as this is crazy.