Black Horse - Nationwide Collection Services - Allied International Credit

Ceenaye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I originally had a hire purchase agreement with Black Horse some years ago but decided to terminate the contract after the half way point and return the car. I got an invoice from Black Horse saying I had an outstanding balance of £1200 for repairs etc to the car. The car was in good condition apart from the usual small scratches and stone chips. Anyway long story short I decided to pay and this was through Nationwide Collection Services of which I have been paying up until July where by I changed my direct debit details due to a change in jobs. August goes by as my payments were due on the 26th of each month but I changed to 6th so next payment from July was 6th September which they agreed. In September I get a letter from Allied International asking for the outstanding balance. I told them I had an arrangement with NCS but they said I had missed a payment. Anyway I now have them chasing me for the money but I cannot find a way of speaking to someone at NCS as everytime I call I get cut off after the automated part.

What should I do?

Ignore them.

Don't entertain them over the phone EVER!

Keep everything in writing, if they ring, just laugh and hang up.

When did you take this HP out?

How much was it for?

How much of it did you pay off before you VT'd?

I think you've been conned here and they are just cash cowing you.

In the agreement did it say anything about having to pay for repairs if you VT's the car?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ignore them.

Don't entertain them over the phone EVER!

Keep everything in writing, if they ring, just laugh and hang up.

When did you take this HP out?

How much was it for?

How much of it did you pay off before you VT'd?

I think you've been conned here and they are just cash cowing you.

In the agreement did it say anything about having to pay for repairs if you VT's the car?

Thanks for the reply. OK I will ask them to send out a letter with details of what I owe.

The HP was taken out around August 2007 over 5 years. We handed the car back through voluntary surrender at 30 months into the agreement. More than half the original agreement was paid off. We checked through the paperwork and there was no mention of liability for repairs unless the car was handed back in a worse condition than wear and tear for the age of vehicle. I took the car to an auction site as instructed and went round the car with the black horse inspector and agreed on condition of the car of which I received a carbon copy but lost it a month later unfortunately.

Did they ever give you a breakdown of the costs for these "Repairs" because £1200 for stone chips is to put it mildly "extortion"

No breakdown of the repairs just a letter stating the outstanding amount. Yeah I totally agree that it seemed very extortionate for minor repairs. At the time we should of argued the case but was worried that this would affect our credit rating and at the same time we were applying for a new mortgage.