childcare costs

chris34720
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi thinking of putting my 5 month old son into nursery 1 day a week to get him used to being there then when i return to work i will be putting him in nursery 2 to 4 days a week depending if we get help with childcare costs

my partner is currently unemployed after being made redundant the nursery is £28 a day and just wondering would we apply to childcare cost help

if so how much would it be im on £18,000 a year before tax

Try this calculator that might help you. I don't know if childcare is related to capital, although someone here will, if your OH had a lump sum payment.

The rules for tax credits are more complicated. It's taxable interest and not the actual capital.

Hiya,

This is something im quite well versed in being a nursery manager by trade, with 110 families on the books claiming childcare element of WTC.

Unfortunatley whilst one parent is at home you are not elegiable for the childcare element as it is not seen as essential they attend as alternative care is available.

although your idea is a very good one, and can def help with settling process, but on a professional note i would advise you consider two half days as 7 days is a long time to go before being back at nursery, spreading it out and shorter times in my experience (13yrs)has always worked better for a gentler process.

although me and you see as a sensible proactive move HMRC are not known for their logical thinking. :lol:

Rach.

The whole world is made of faith, trust and pixie dust :p

There are exceptions to this; such as disability.

It would have to be a substantial disability that would pose a significant risk to the child if left in their care. if that was the case CYPSC could fully fund the place and a CAF would be the best way forward.

however i don't think this applies to the OP as they state their OH has been made redundant and is currently caring for the child, i would have thought if disability was an issue they would have mentioned it

The whole world is made of faith, trust and pixie dust :p