Another blunder by the DWP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Paralysed teenager who has been on life support since birth is told to attend ‘interview’ to prove he can’t work or lose his benefits

Story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206976/Paralysed-teenager-life-support-birth-told-attend-interview-prove-t-work-lose-benefits.html

No doubt when the lads father insists on a home WCA the HCP will find nothing wrong and award 0 points.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

The article is misleading. Not everyone has to attend the assessment. Some can get into one of the groups on the basis of their ESA50.

In the headline it says he's told to attend an interview. Underneath, it says he may have to attend an interview. 2 different things.

When I made my ESA claim, I was asked what was written on my fit note. I read out the conditions stated. I was then asked what Autism is? I was shocked. I also mentioned a rare eye condition (there are less than 200 of us in the UK with it) and was a bit shocked I wasn't asked what that was.

They still can't get anything right though. A friend of mine was awarded DLA 12 months ago and was given until 4th October this year. He was sent a new form 4 months ago to fill in if he wished to carry on claiming. He is getting DLA for mental disabilities rather than physical and he finds it hard even to write his name. The covering letter for DLA said he needs to fill it in straight away or he may not get benefit, because it may take that long for them to deal with it.

Now this is what baffles me. He is of with a mental condition that may sort itself out after he finishes the course of CBT he is doing at the moment. But how is anyone supposed to know wether that will work or not? If he would have filled the form in 4 months ago, then by now he MAY have been OK, so how would they sort that out?

His handwriting (because of his constant shaking) is impossible to read, so I suggested filling the form in online. What a joke that was!!! I started it for him and registered him. The form came up and on the first page, you have to give the obvious details. You also have to give a phone number. I put his phone number in, and the next question asked 'what type of number is this?' (I presume they want mobile, house number etc) but there is no box to click in on that question. So therefore, you cannot apply online.

There are so many flaws in this system and there always will be. I know there are people out there that flaunt the system. But to pick on the ones that don't (but won't argue when they get told they are not entitled to anything) is the wrong way to go about sorting the massive problem in this country.

I wish I had the solution, but I don't. I don't expect any Government to have a solution while I am still alive either.

I feel sorry for my kids, but even more sorry for my grandkids (I aint got any yet by the way), and my Great Grandkids.

I remember 30 years ago, and things were not brilliant, but as a kid, we had respect. I listened to my elders then and realised that 30 years before that, they had more respect than I did then (30 years later.) I realise that there is no such thing as respect now, although I will be very dissapointed with (batter) my kids if they don't show some respect.

Discipline has been taken away from teachers, police and parents. Where will it stop?

I am just glad I will be dead within the next 50 years. It's the survivors I feel sorry for.

ps. Had a few drinks before I typed all that. Just ignore it all if you think I am wrong.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)