Plusnet increasing charges mid-contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There should be a clause in the contract as well, which states that should charges go up, you can opt out of the contract with no penalty. This is enough to cover their backs.

If they are making you pay the rest of the year and forcing you to adhere to the increased charges, then you have grounds to make a complaint.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Guest Bob Pullen. Plusnet Customer Support
Plusnet are increasing their charges in the middle of my year long contract which seems very unfair as I signed up for a year at an agreed term so should they not honour the agreed charge for that year?

Any contracted term will be applicable to the broadband element of your account. We don't typically contract customers' phone service. This means you're free to move your phone service elsewhere if you like without penalty - as long as it's to a provider that allows you to keep your broadband service with us. You should find that we still stack up fairly favourably compared to the other big providers though?

In case you were unaware we also offer a pay up front option - 'Line Rental Saver' - that costs the equivalent of £9.49/mnth (rising to £10.49 if you sign up after October).

Best regards,