Dishidox - Received court claim

Dishidox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya new to this I was just wondering if somebody could give me some advise, received a county court summons from someone claiming I owe them money, they got my address from my old place of work, is there anything I can do about them giving my details out ? Any information will me greatly appreciated

Hi Dishidox and welcome to CAG

I've put your post into your own thread that you can use from now on.

Can you provide more info about the claim made against you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Dishidox and welcome to CAG

I've put your post into your own thread that you can use from now on.

Can you provide more info about the claim made against you.

Hi slick thank you for putting the post in the right place, somebody I one was involved with has made a claim to the county court saying I owe them money, this is not true and I will be denying the claim, but the thing is they got all my info from my old hr dept where I used to work, I'm so angry that my old place of work has given info out

Edited by slick132

can you type up the particulars of claim (less any identifiables)

re old work place, they would be subject to the data protection act and should not disclose any personal data about you to any unauthorised person. what info did they obtain? was/is the person employed there? could complain to the company about that, demanding compensation for their alleged breach. and report it to the authorities.

Edited by Ford

Hi Dishi,

If you don't want help with the claim itself, that's fine.

If you do want help with it, we need at least some info including (as Ford says) some or all of the Particulars of Claim as per the Form N1 court claim.

Do you have any proof that your old employer gave your contact info to the claimant. If so, you can complain to them and to the Information Commissioners Office.

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Dishi,

If you don't want help with the claim itself, that's fine.

If you do want help with it, we need at least some info including (as Ford says) some or all of the Particulars of Claim as per the Form N1 court claim.

Do you have any proof that your old employer gave your contact info to the claimant. If so, you can complain to them and to the Information Commissioners Office.

Hiya

The claim itself is he claims he lent me some money which is false I finished the relationship and he doesn't want to accept it, this was in jan 2011 I moved house and got on with my life as you do, next thing this county court summons through my door, but on the claim in the comments he's wrote on it, he found me through my old hr dept, I'm still in shock that they've given my info out and this is happening, thanks for the advice your giving me, I deffo want to take it further if I can

Hi Dishi and thanks for the further info.

Do you want or need any help in dealing with the claim itself, or are you ok with it. We can assist you in responding to the claim, defending against it properly, etc.

Re the Data Protection Act issue, you only have HIS word that he got the info from your old employer. In truth, he could have got it by any number of means.

Is the ex employer a small, medium or large employer.

On the Northampton county court summons there's a part to deny so I'm gonna fill it all out and send it, then I think we go to court and say are side of the case, the company is a medium size company, but like you say only got his word, and the comments on the court papers,

On the Northampton county court summons there's a part to deny so I'm gonna fill it all out and send it, then I think we go to court and say are side of the case, the company is a medium size company, but like you say only got his word, and the comments on the court papers,

Ps thank you slick

You're V welcome.

Re the court claim, make sure you acknowledge the claim within the 14 day deadline. This then gives you further time to prepare a defence. In your case, this may be a simple denial of the claim but make sure you respond fully to each of any points raised in the PoC's of the claim against you.

Re the DPA issue, you could write to the employer and say it has been suggested that they have supplied your contact info to a third party. Ask them to comment on this.

You could also remind them that info about you is covered by the DP Act and must be treated accordingly.

However, I'm sure they already know this and will deny any DPA breach.

You could also speak about this to the Info Commissioners Office to see what they can advise. But, again, I doubt this will lead to anything as you have very little PROOF that anything untoward has happened.