Halifax Credit Card PPi Calculator please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys and dolls,

I have recently joined C.A.G. and not sure if I have bitten off more than I can chew in such a short space of time. Big apologies if I have flooded the forums with my umpteen questions but I would really appreciate some assistance as I do have a " few issues ". Any advice on these through my various posts would be gratefully received. PM's also welcome.

This post concerns PPI on a Halifax Credit Card. Hope you can help.

Sent SAR to Halifax July 18 2012.

First mistake.... Only requested information to a specific account number.

Wet behind the ears and not subscribed to CAG at the time.

Nice slab of paper received 3 weeks later detailing copy statements dating back to the account start date.

This was 10 June 2004, of which they also sent me ,albeit a copy, the Original CCA.

From what I have read on the various threads, this is unusual but welcome.

I wrote to Halifax thanking them for the documents I received. I also said.. " However, I request ALL information you hold on me about ALL accounts and that the £10 fee you have already cashed would cover your fee for this service " Just thought I would try..

Still waiting for their reply but have enough info to press on I think.

The CCA (credit card application) Employment value states I was a Labourer - Construction Industry.

Gross Annual Income: £ 16000

I cannot remember giving an employer name or contact detail. Would that be shown on my application or another piece of data they may be witholding?

To my recollection I was self-employed.

What bearing would that have should I have needed to make a claim?

The Credit Card Protection Cover box was " auto-crossed ".

The Card Care box was NOT auto-crossed but they STILL charged me the annual fee.

As I have previously stated, I am in posession of all my statements for the duration of the account.

Thanks Halifax.:-D

I have a few questions I would really like the answers to before I send off the documents to prevent me making a fool of myself.

1. The FOS Questionnaire.

I don't recall any events about the sale. Does that matter? Will it affect my claim?

I was self employed. Is that all I have to say or do I have to go into more detail why I think the PPI was mis-sold.

I only have the credit card account number, not the PPI account details. Is that sufficient?

2. When calculating the interest for the PPI, what spreadsheet is the best to use?

Is PPI the same as Credit Card claims? As in Compounded Interest?

What interest rate would be charged?

3. Is there a Cover Letter template to use?

Many thanks to you all for your advice.

Vaz

1, no its not compulsory to fill every box in write N/A in those you cannot truthfully remember an ans too

2. cisheet same as charges look on the statemnts for the int

3.no need just a simple cover note give it back please ll is in the FOS CQ

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...