DCA with default CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You will be a ... Litigant in Person...

not a litigator in person :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

x

Statement of Truth

I believe the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true

signature

Dated

This is how you make a statement of truth.

Here are some guidance notes for Witness statements.

Guidance Notes on Witness Statements.pdf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm stuck!! I need to put reasons as to why I might be allowed to defend if set-aside. Can I entitle it differently than "statement" I don't know any of it is true for sure other than I did not get ANY of the pre-action bumpf or the claim pack. That in itself does not demonstrate a defense. I'm not in a position to file a defense proper as yet. Perhaps "position statement"?

Edited by Learnerlitigator

I don't see how you can defend until you know more about the debt.

The only drawback would be if there was a debt that was yours and everything was correctly done other than contacting you prior

to the Court case to give you a chance to pay it off.

However that would seem unlikely in light of the fact that they did not claim the full debt.

I don't see how you can defend until you know more about the debt.

I know but that's the situation I am in presently. I can't actually defend but have to show that I could defend successfully. If I just say I didn't get the claim pack the court can just refuse the application. It's this discretion business I guess it's a DJ lottery, at least if I have shown some effort and raised valid concerns I've got some chance. (maybe) There isn't very much material or advice on the process of successful set-asides. I really need solid advice as to whether I've done as much as I can. Otherwise I'll have to send it as it is and hope for the best :violin:.

I've reworked the statement and post here.

Looks fine, but change assignation to ASSIGNMENT, assignation has an entirely different meaning:madgrin:

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Is this still wholly arguable or have they been amended too?

I mention it because often we are told we can not see the assignment proper, or is the deed of assignment detailing the financial arrangement between OC and DCA a different document?

Brigadier I can't get the vision of DCA's on assignations cottaging rather than canvassing, am I beyond help?

Yes totally different the assignment between bank and debt purchaser is the fianancial sale of the debts.

The assingment notice NOA sent by the debt seller to the debtor is the NOA (not the deed/contract of sale.

As to your last questions YES (are you George Michael):madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

George who? :wink::lol::lol:

Bet there aren't many such notices that conform then, but doubt a judge would care much on that point.

196. Regulations respecting notices. (4) Any notice required or authorised by this Act to be served shall also be sufficiently served, if it is sent by post in a registered letter addressed to the lessee, lessor, mortgagee, mortgagor, or other person to be served, by name, at the aforesaid place of abode or business, office, or counting-house, and if that letter is not returned [by the postal operator (within the meaning of the Postal Services Act 2000) concerned] undelivered; and that service shall be deemed to be made at the time at which the registered letter would in the ordinary course be delivered.

For the assignment of a debt to be effective and so giving the Claimant a right of action a valid Notice of Assignment must have been sufficiently served on me using a registered postal service pursuant to s196(4) before proceedings were commenced. The Claimant is put to strict proof that any notice of

assignment was sufficiently served on me before proceedings were commenced. Without this proof, the Claimant has no right of action.

Seems only we on the blunt end waste money on recording our mail.

Check if it's an unrecorded search or a Debt Collection/Outstanding Debt Search. ur indicates tracing the others that they are certain they have the right person.

So they are still unsure, await the can you confim you are you letter.

Well I am shocked and stunned! Crapquest have now defaulted on both my CCA request and DSAR request which they received on September 3rd.

Do I now register an official complaint with their complaints department or simply report them to the relevant bodies?

I guess I can now tell them to cease and desist processing my data and provide me with evidence that it has been destroyed in the proper manner although I wouldn't trust them to comply.

Advise please guys.

Well I am shocked and stunned! Crapquest have now defaulted on both my CCA request and DSAR request which they received on September 3rd.

Do I now register an official complaint with their complaints department or simply report them to the relevant bodies?

I guess I can now tell them to cease and desist processing my data and provide me with evidence that it has been destroyed in the proper manner although I wouldn't trust them to comply.

Advise please guys.

DSAR 40days not quite there yet