• Tweets

• the scrappage scheme is nothing to do with the agreement ...sorry. it's an enticement to purchase a replacement vehicle. just the same as shop signs that say 50% off or whatever.  its a done and dusted deal done before you enter into the agreement for the remaining £sum. 
    • don't get too hung up on the real meaning of 'fake' in terms of the documents a claimant might produce relating to a potential court claim. by fake we typically mean, they are not obviously the 'real McCoy' ,100% associated with whatever credit they are trying to pin on punters. they are often of the right 'version' that an OC would have used for that particular take out date, but with details inserted in a diff font where they should be for say your name address DOB etc. All DCA's typically  have filing cabinets covering each year for most creditor, whip 'em out, scan and copy n paste your details onto them, even easier now with online sign ups. no hard copies ever sent cause 90% of mugs have lost them..... one of our most powerful tools is the fact any docs they produce, unless they state they are 'a reconstruction'  MUST come from the original creditor noty some hidden pile the claimants have. Link are absolute masters at this so dont stick to lowell threads. dx    
    • Driving home last night I contacted wing mirrors with a car coming the opposite way. The wing mirror folded in and the glass popped out. Very minor damage.  I stopped at the next layby (A road) to repair the mirror. A passerby stopped and said they saw the other car stopped behind me in another layby - they went back and passed over details so we could get in touch.  The conversation started cordially, but quickly got heated when I said I was well on my side and they drifted over (which is what happened).  I wasn't going to bother filing a claim as there isn't enough damage to justify it. So I've said to the other party lets just call it quits as there are no witnesses and we both think we are innocent.   they said they are contacting the police and insurance and that they have witnesses. But a quick facebook search found a post by the other person saying they were in a crash, and were 'spun' off the road. Picture of a broken wing mirror and a slight scuff on the front and rear wheel arch. they are asking for witnesses. I have screenshots of the post, and sent them another message saying I can see you dont have witnesses as you are appealing for them. I'd really not drag this out. Lets call it quits and move on. this was followed by a couple of messages that didn't really make much sense. e.g. 'do the right thing'. What should I do now?  Contact police?  Contact my insurance? - Can I tell them about this incident but say I dont want to claim? Will that affect my premium?  
    • This is the crux of the argument. The scrappage contribution should have also been counted as a deposit. It was literally a part exchange in return for a cash deduction so there is no reason it wouldn't be treated the same way.  I did not request a VT, I was struggling to pay after a separation from my partner at the time. However had the figures been reflected correctly, the VT cost would have been 2k not 9k and I may have considered it as an option. Instead, the car was marked stolen and removed from my possession by the police
    • LOL - old one the fiver theory - although with the poops its take a fiver now, promise 10p  sometime in the future while claiming the reverse theory   So when is jenrick, an apparent slam dunk as referenced higher in the thread, being referred to the police? These poops need to know that anything they throw will be returned .. with interest  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DCA with default CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks both, do I need to add that sentence Andy?

I'm also concerned that if I get the set-aside and the DCA resend it can they alter the original claim in any way? eg. leave something out or change the amount they are claiming.

Its only a reword of your post#46 but the way you should plead it. They can try but its the same account number same claim...look up Res Judicata.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm concerned that instead of a part only = less than 400 quid they go for the full balance of god knows what. And by doing so used the default judgement to reset the SB clock by 4 years.

Unless it was already SB in 2008 then it will never be now its been a judged.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Surely that only applies if judgement is for the applicant when it is heard again following set-aside? If the applicant discontinues doesn't the statute of limitations revert to the last payment date? Otherwise all DCAs would need to do is issue and reissue until they eventually enforce. I understood that only a substantive judgement would take the place of the CCA agreement.

I assume the P.o.C states " partial monies " if so then the figure cant be changed unless the P.o.C is changed and that would require the Courts agreement and also yours.

Andy

Why would they send out the claim again they have already served? The decision to claim Partial monies is a choice of the claimant that only for their reasoning is beyond the understanding of CAG.

Andy

I've never received the original claim pack hence the application for set-aside. I understood that if it is set-aside then they have to reissue the claim pack for acknowledgement etc. The claim would then be listed at my local County Court for disposal in the normal manner where I could request disclosure of documents before submitting my response/defense/admission.

POC reads:

PART ONLY OF MONIES DUE UNDER REGULATED CREDIAGREEMENT NUMBER

*********** BETWEEN

OC AND THE DEFENDANT THE BENEFIT

OF WHICH WAS ASSIGNED TO THE CLAIMANT ON **/**/2006 THE AGREEMENT

TERMINATED UPON THE DEFENDANT(S) FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE

TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT AND/OR THE STATUTORY NOTICE OF DEFAULT

SERVED BY OC CLAIMANT

SEEKS INTEREST PURSUANT TO SECTION

69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984

AT THE RATE OF 8% PER ANNUM FROM THE DATE OF

ISSUE CONTINUING AT THE DAILY RATE OF 0.07 ANY PAYMENTS OR QUERIES SHOULD

BE DIRECTED TO THE CLAIMANT ON telephonenumber

Yes if they wish to resubmit and proceed (but the amount will remain the same ) its the same claim hence no change in amount.

Andy

Hmm, received 2 letters regarding my CCA and SAR requests sent for the non CCJ matter. In respect of the CCA (Capital One) they say they "have requested a copy of the agreement for the above account and this will be forwarded to you when received.

If they own the debt they should have it surely?

The second letter: Please be advised that we have received your request for further information on this account in order to process your request further we require you to confirm if you have previously resided at the below address: Address given here.

Their "our reference:" are different on the 2 letters so I don't know if the address seeking letter is for the SAR or not. Am I obliged to give them this information before they comply with the timetables or are they simply trying to get me to fill in the blanks of their tracing?

I do not deny that I had the cap one but know it to be SB (defaulted early 20** ).

If they have contacted me regarding an account from a previous address using my new address surely they should not require my confirmation that they have not disclosed personal information to the correct individual; otherwise they have breached DCA no?

Just to clarify for those who might think I seek to avoid a legitimate liability for the Default CCJ, this is NOT the case otherwise I would have left well alone and ridden out the 2 remaining years on the register.

Should I respond to the address enquiry or just count down the 12+2 and 40 day deadlines?

BTW, the address they are inquiring about is different again to the one on which they served CCj

Edited by Learnerlitigator

No debts are sold in bulk with little more than the banance os, name address and other contact details and the name of the oc, 99 times out 100 a DCA will hvve to get the oc to provide the CCA.

If you are positive the Cap 1 account is statute barred, you can get them off your back easily by sending the following to the compliance manager of the DCA.

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Formal Notification Limitation Act 1980.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to the alleged debt to Capital 1 which you claim is owed by me, having researched my credit history I have concluded that any such debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will not now or at any time inthe future make any payment or offer of payment.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection and in particular the section regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

You will now with immediate effect remove all data relating to me from your records how so ever held.

..Any further contact regarding this matter will be considered harassment and suitable action WILL be taken should this happen.

send recorded delivery

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I get that entirely Brig, thanks. I'm pressing for the CCA so that Caggers can see that the DCAs will try to avoid the issue of taking on both the rights AND responsibilities of the OC once assigned. The creditor post assignement is the DCA and the creditor has a duty to provide, no?

It's the issue of the DCA trying to pass the responsibility of confirming (or not) that I lived at a given address (5 addresses before the present one). Following a serious house fire we were placed in temporary homeless accommodation for 3 months before renting the property (for 2 years) at which I was CCJd. When the old lady that owned that house died her family wished to sell the property and we were again placed in temporary homeless accommodation, again for 3 months before getting local authority housing.

Now the DCA want me to confirm if I previously resided at **address**, presumably if I tell them I did not it puts their entire trace in doubt supporting my argument that targeted my name and receiving no response/confirmation assumed that I was their debtor and issued their threat-agrams accordingly.

If the court asks me then of course I have to tell the truth, but when the DCA ask me (and I have no confirmed business with them) am I obliged to co-operate? I am minded to tell them that they have no right to demand personal information from me.

PS please don't take the view that I am arguing for the sake of argument or disrespecting you in any way as such is not my intent.

The DCA is complying by asking the OC to provide the documents, this is normal as documents are not provided at the point of sale.

I agree that you do not have to prove anything the DCA must bear the burden of proof for the debt.

State you are unable to comply with their request.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I seriously doubt it would happen but I suppose as proceedings have not actually been served then technically the Claimant can make whatever chances they like to the paperwork without the permission of the Court or Defendant pursuant to CPR 17.1.

Still can't see it happening though...

Doubt they could plead that it hadn't been served when there has been a default judgement which was (hopefully) set-aside as I would argue that the POC are different to those on record already.

If the claim is set aside on the basis that you were not served then the claim would return to the beginning and the Court would order the Claimant to serve the Defendant.

After the set aside the claim has still been issued but not served and so in theory the Claimant could make as many changes as they like to the paperwork under 17.1.

You can't have it both ways, either it's served in which case your set aside would be in trouble or it wasn't served and the Claimant can amend the documents.

Like I said this is just a possibility and I was answering your question. I can't see it actually happening...

Is the CBBC method of issuing a claim an "alternative method" with CPR part 8? If it is then should the claimant have issued under part 8 if he knew not whether there would be "substantial dispute of fact"? ie. because there had been no correspondence/dialogue

I'm probably reading it all wrong or my understanding of the part 8 thingy's application doesn't apply.

Hmm I'm 55 now and it takes weeks to absorb one little bitty of this legal mumbo-jumbo, perhaps I ought not think of re-training as a lawyer after all.:???:

Types of claim in which Part 8 procedure may be followed

(1) The Part 8 procedure is the procedure set out in this Part.

(2) A claimant may use the Part 8 procedure where –

(a) he seeks the court’s decision on a question which is unlikely to involve a substantial dispute of fact; or

(b) paragraph (6) applies.

(3) The court may at any stage order the claim to continue as if the claimant had not used the Part 8 procedure and, if it does so, the court may give any directions it considers appropriate.

(4) Paragraph (2) does not apply if a practice direction provides that the Part 8 procedure may not be used in relation to the type of claim in question.

(5) Where the claimant uses the Part 8 procedure he may not obtain default judgment under Part 12.

(6) A rule or practice direction may, in relation to a specified type of proceedings –

(a) require or permit the use of the Part 8 procedure; and

(b) disapply or modify any of the rules set out in this Part as they apply to those proceedings.

(Rule 8.9 provides for other modifications to the general rules where the Part 8 procedure is being used)

(Part 78 provides procedures for European orders for payment and for the European small claims procedure. It also provides procedures for applications for mediation settlement enforcement orders in relation to certain cross-border disputes.)

Basically Pt 8,s are used if there is no amount claimed but for the court to decide (from a CAG point of view we dont usually get many if any queries about PT8,s)Mostly used in the High Courts and Supreme in cases such as damages, slander.

Rarely used in Civil Cases.