Unfair Interview?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would it be classed as unfair for one candidate to be interviewed by 2 people, have one 'observer' in the room and one note taker; and the other candidate to be interviewed by just one person and had one person note taking?

Also, do I have any rights in requesting the original notes and scoring system? I have received feedback but it is extremely vague. E.g Effective communication - 70% etc etc.

Many thanks. Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Kind regards

Waltolla

icon1.gif

I was interviewed with only 2 people in the room (one interviewer and a note taker). I did not score highly enough to pass the interview.

My colleague was interviewed with 4 people in the room. (2 interviewers, 1 observer and 1 note taker) She passed.

So could this be classed as unfair? She had more people to decide an outcome where as my outcome was decided by one person alone?

Unfair but not illegal assuming this was a straightforward promotion or Similar

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Not unfair in the slightest unless you can gather some sort of proof that the different treatment was due to some discrimination factor.

I have on many occasions conducted interviews either on my own or with others for the same vacancy - for no particular reason whatsoever.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Why do you feel this was unfair? I would say it is normal practise for there to be 2 people interviewing someone.

Yes you can have access to the notes etc

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)