Speed Credit/NDR and now Marshall Hoarse - PLEASE HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not alot else i can do really. i will get onto oft regarding the fraud email. out of curiosity you was saying in court they can only request 8% interest. obviously if this went to court and i had to pay it back (i actully have the remainder of the original debt put aside for payment). but my question is as soon as i enter court will a ccj be marked against me or is it only if i dont make the payments ruled that i then receive the ccj. the ccj is my main concern you see.

CCj will only be marked against you if the court finds in favour of the claimant. You can contest other charges to the judge as long as you have complete proof they are unfair. Even if a judgement is awarded to the claimant, you have 30 days in which to pay the full amount of the stated judgement before the CCJ is registered against you.

Look at it this way, Overall, PDL's rarely win properly defended court cases. They rely 100% on judgement by default, and lack of knowledge by the debtor. If you ever do get a court claim from those muppets, we can easily help you with a defence. There are even a couple of admins on this site that know the court system inside and out that can give you amazing advice for a defence.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Their collection email and their complaints are useless. They are manned by the same illiterate people that are on the phone lines.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

that email they sent is need sending to the oft too..

they are NOT bailiffs and NEVER EVER will be

and even IF [a ver big one]

they gain a judgement

there is NO WAY

it would eable 'them' to enter your property EVER!!

only a court bailiff can do that.

their point 2 needs highlighting to the OFT and everyone else

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

im going to send a detailed email to oft including full copies of messages received point 2 as you said and the anti fraud email address. so what should i do at this point should i message there collections email address or leave it and say i tried to reply to the anti fraud email address and there website is down.

it depends on how important the breakdown of charges is really - would you suggest i email on collections address or not. not sure it would be my responsibility to do that though.

Dont reply to them. The more you play letter tennis, the more they will threaten you. Get that complaint in asap as the company is under deep investigation atm. Let the regulator sort it out.

sadly there webaites are now back up would you suggest i email via the site for the breakdown

Just sit back and wait and see what they do, mean while get that complaint to the OFT. Ive requested a full break down numberous.times of the £350 charge they play ignorant and never send me. Dont use those online boxes as you then dont have written proof of what you've sent. As for the collections email you cant email it because it doesnt accept emails they cant only send them out from it

Timeforachange

Your experience totally mirrors mine.

Definetely dispute all the the 'passing over to DCA charges' because I'll bet they didnt tell you that was happening. And all erroneous additional charges.

These guys were the ones that really scared me to begin with but they were actually ok once they realise you know your rights thanks to this forum.

Do not be bullied.

i just conacted the OFT.

i advised the following points in a 3page email.

Things pointed out to the OFT.

1. Terms and conditions of the contract state a transmission fee of 4.90 is applied however they charged me 5.

2. On the contract they stating at day 98 (currently today) they state the amount owing is 268pounds with a charge of 350pounds applied totalling 618pounds however they are stating I owe 466pounds a clear misrepresentation of information.

3. Passed to NDR without any prior notification.

4. Email address does not work must use online form providing no proof of correspondence for the debtor.

5. The email stating they will return with bailiffs to seize goods.

6. Two emails in 7 days stating amount owed however the original debt amount changes (also the original debt amount was 100pounds)

Debt GBP 268

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

Repayments todate GBP 50

Total GBP 386

Then i received

Debt GBP 292

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

GBP 24

Repayments todate GBP 50

Total GBP 410

7. Antifraud email address suggesting there is fraud activity

8. there emails provide no response so no paper trail can be proven and i now refuse to contact them

• 2 weeks later...

ok so recent developments.

I have had a response from OFT saying they dont advise anyone pays nothing.

They also advised on the recent speedcredit closure while also informing me about them potentially selling the debt on.

They did however state that they may need to get in touch for further information due to the recent developments they have had with speedcredit.

Stella McCreary also got back to me advising shes sorry to hear about the circumstances and for my full address as she can only directly help in circumstances based in her area.

I have also now since had 2 more emails from Marshall Hoarse and again it has now increased by £24 so its now upto £424 in total.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what it is i should do now?

i have not paid anything since it went to marshall.

i have however paid £50 in total this far on the original £100 debt.

The breakdown again shows the original debt increased as per previously seems they cant be bothered to type another line

so they are just adding these extra £24 interest charges to the original debt in the breakdown.

As usual the correspondance for the 4th time says they will be visiting my property again

which im concerned about as i live with a housemate and i dont want them coming when im not there to get my housemate instead

and put them in an uncomfortable position.

Has anyone ever known them actully visit a property?

Also they state the debt has been sold to them (even though they are in the same building) can they continue to apply interest?

thanks

again just to recap.

i took out 100 or 148 with interest.

since i have paid £50

The balance is now £424.

Where do i go now?? im not sure what to do now they are just going to try and force charges down my neck.

reclaim all the PENALTY FEES

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Send them a letter informing them that you will repay what you originally owed, explain when and how much you will pay, example: 30£ on the 1st of each month and that if they want even one penny more then they should take you to court.

However, they won't take you to court, why? its simple, as you have unfortunately experienced they add a lot of fantasy charges, once they take you to court they can't add any more fantasy charges, in other words, if they took you to court they may get a couple hundred, but if they stay out of court they hope to get thousands.