ESA help! 2 medicals 5 months apart

johnvernon74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

My partner had ESA medical in November and received 18 points. He was then called again in April and received only 6.

Is it ok for them to ask for 2 medicals in such short period of time? We are at appeal stage and need some support with what to do. My partner has mental health issues and a critical illness. Do we complain to ATOS. He is seeing his consultant later this week and will get the hospital to do letter, any help appreciated

My ex-husband is being called at the rate of once every 3/4 months at the moment - he also has mental health issues - and DWP told me he's been marked for review every 3 months. I've been advised to complain to DWP, ATOS and his MP as it might be considered to be harrassment.

The ATOS health care professional doesn't make any decisions, they make recommendations and then it goes to a DWP decision maker who decides when the next assessment should be. They can totally disregard ATOS recommendations if they want to and regularly do.