Copart problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some one has asked for advice.

They bid on a car auction with copart.

the only snag.

they signed out after the bid and then some 5 days later a email came from copart telling them that a bid had been accepted for the car they had bid on.

the only thing it wasnt the car they had bid on.

After contacting copart.

The account was suspended after 2 weeks for non payment.

So far copart have not really done any thing constructive.

what would be the next step ?

So whats cooking today ?

• 5 months later...

Hi

I am a car dealer mainly dealing with salvage cars (CoPart Chester UK). Contrary to my initial impressions, Copart has made me suffer a severe loss recently.

Once I had won a bid on my choice of car (Honda Civic), I was congratulated about how I had also won a bid on a certain Ford Focus. And that now I had to pay a whopping £4200 for it!! A car which I had absolutely not even viewed once, let alone putting it in my watchlist, and now I was to pay for it! I was disappointed with this online [problem], and upon contacting customer services and talking to a manager, they insisted I had to pay up a minimum of £400 as a fine.

I am extremely dumbfounded at how such a well established company can possibly have such an unreliable online system. This tactic is worse than what crooks do. Why must I pay for a car I never bid for?? I find this to be a load of crap, for now, my account has been frozen and I cannot even claim the Honda Civic that I actually won and paid for.

Edited by honeybee13
Email removed. Please refrain from posting this on open forum.

Some one has asked for advice.

They bid on a car auction with copart.

the only snag.

they signed out after the bid and then some 5 days later a email came from copart telling them that a bid had been accepted for the car they had bid on.

the only thing it wasnt the car they had bid on.

After contacting copart.

The account was suspended after 2 weeks for non payment.

So far copart have not really done any thing constructive.

what would be the next step ?

Can you please fill me in about what happened after this? Did they unfreeze the account? What did copart reply with?

Thanks very much!

That clearly shows the carelessness on their behalf & the fact that they just want to gobble money from clients :mad2:

After much arguments, they've finally told me that I have to pay AT LEAST 210 quid. Since I really wanted my account back & the car that I had actually bid for too, I had no choice but to make this payment :( My account was then activated within a matter of seconds.

Thanks a lot for your reply.