• Tweets

• Hello    I will keep this short   HSBC blocked my account without warning in January and only reopened it yesterday after 10 months. They've given me £1,000 as a way of saying sorry. The blockage was due to an error in their system but it has led to the following for me -    7 defaults on credit file to the value of £152000, rent arrears of £2000 , paypal has closed my account which I had since 2003 as one of the defaults was with their credit services and as a result of this my online business has gone bust as PayPal was the only way I could get payments from clients. Car repossessed as finance payments were also blocked.    Can anyone advise if I have a case against HSBC either through the ombudsman or the County Court to recover all my losses ?  They have already told me they will not be increasing their compensation . Thanks     
    • Hello and welcome to CAG.   Can you tell us when the incident happened please?   Best, HB
    • Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I really need a help for what I have done and I regret. I’m sorry my English isn’t that great but I hope you can help and I really appreciate it.  Here my problem. 1 - I got caught while I was using a fake 16plus Oyster card while I was on my way to the shopping. The reason I bought it because I was struggling, family issues, I got robbed by gang and took my new bike which I bought the day before. 2 - when I saw the inspector I started panicking and the inspector asked my address, name and date of birth. I gave everything right except my date of birth was wrong. I’m no longer live in the preview address now. I’m no longer living the same address due to the rent was expensive and I can’t afford. I’m currently living with my friends for about a year now. Please help me if you can.
    • Hello,    I was emailed by the gym saying they would refund me half of my gym membership as I was unable to travel to the gym (it was in a location near my university and not my home).  I have been waiting fince July for this refund and they keep saying they're looking into it but I haven't received it yet. Oin one email they said that it was their accounts team having an issue locating my PayPal account. My PayPal account is the same email they contacted me on. And I haven't had a response in the past week about what the next hold up is but this is beyond ridiculous. What can I do to get my money back?    I tried to escalate through PayPal but they've rejected the claim as the purchase was over 180days ago. 
    • Very unusual indeed, not sure what made them go this direction but I am very happy. Mostly for the time saved!   You are a hero and what you and other site team members are doing here, is restoring our faith in humanity. Bless you!
  • Our picks

Recording Landline telephone calls on W7 PC....................... ........

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone

Apologies if this question has been ask before else where on the forum

Can anyone recommend adaptor and software for recording landlines Calls on PC's only

Running Windows 7

Thank you in advance for any advice/ links

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

How I do it is a basic PC mic, phone on hands free.

The kits that plug into the phone line don't work so well in a PC.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi before I purchased truecall I used to use a product called callcorder it was not bad can be set up to record all calls or just a call when wanted. Don't know if still available I had this from time I started with windows 2000.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Thanks for the replies,

Did have this http://www.retellrecorders.co.uk/en/retell-direct/single-line-recording/handset-adapter-156-2 plugged into a digital dictaphone but ended up treading on 156 last week it last week.

Hi before I purchased truecall I used to use a product called callcorder it was not bad can be set up to record all calls or just a call when wanted. Don't know if still available I had this from time I started with windows 2000.

dpick

Thanks for tip on true call will have alook at that

Or just get another retell 156 or 157 version you plug into a PC

The kits that plug into the phone line don't work so well in a PC.

Is it the Retell 157 you used ? http://www.retellrecorders.co.uk/en/products/single-line-recording/telephone-connector-for-pcs-157/direct

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I was given something that looks a lot like that, I tried it in the PC and it just added a lot of static to the line, reading the instructions it says it's "not suitable for use with a PC" so maybe a different one.

All I do now is put the phone hands free is use a mic plugged into my computer.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar